Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 11:43 AM

Re: It's not a child.....

My dogs are my babies and they always be as they are as important to me as other people's children are to them. I don't like children in the main and I love dogs so I can fully understand why people call their pets their fur babies or fur kids. We are all different and just because others can't understand it doesn't make it wrong.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
My dogs are my babies and they always be as they are as important to me as other people's children are to them. I don't like children in the main and I love dogs so I can fully understand why people call their pets their fur babies or fur kids. We are all different and just because others can't understand it doesn't make it wrong.
Well said Val...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 12:54 PM

Domesticated dogs are like children in many respects, they rely on you completely for their wellbeing. If they are treated with love and respect they grow up happy, healthy and friendly. Also, just like children, some can turn into rogues, often for no apparent reason. One big difference is that a dog, or cat, is never going to ask you for money or to borrow the car, it isn't going to get a drug or alcohol habit and it isn't going to get married and visit you once a year if it can find the time. There are many reasons why pets make wonderful companions. We personally don't refer to our dogs as "fur babies" but more often than not they are referred to as "rug rats". Both are much loved and yes I would put their needs before my own, just as I did with my son when he was a child.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 03:50 PM

The pets that we, as a family have had, have been an important part of the family. But they could never compare to the love that I have for my children or grandchildren. They come first and foremost in my affections. Pets satisfy a need to love and nurture a creature that is totally dependent on it's owner for it's health and welfare. You can lavish as much affection on them as you wish and some will return it. Animals are by and large very uncomplicated creatures with very few needs.

People on the other hand are far from uncomplicated.

Children have the same basic needs as animals but many more needs that need to be fulfilled.
Parents need to have many skills to bring up children to be a well balanced and worthwhile member of society.
They also need to be allowed the independence they need grow and find their own niche in life.
Our pets have never brought the love and satisfaction that my children and grandchildren have, even though they have been well loved and cared for.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2012, 05:11 PM

There's no comparison with the love of your own children and pets. Pets only live for a short time so you replace them. You expect your children to outlive you so it's a lifetime of unconditional love for them.

Children are babies
Dogs are puppies
Cats are kittens
that in my opinion should be how they are referred as.

My last dog I adored since he died I've no inclination to replace him.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 07:53 PM

My dogs and cats are my babies ....I dont care what others think .
They still get treated in a healthy animal way and all their animal needs fulfilled but come the evening infront of the fire we all pile on the sofa for a cuddle and play just like any other family
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 07:58 PM

Absolutely right Baggy....part of the family for sure....
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-02-2013, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I was looking at another messageboard when I say a post entitled "We've got a new baby". Congratulations, I thought until I read the post. They hadn't got a new baby, they'd bought a KITTEN!!

I find this quite distasteful - treating pets as if they were human relatives. (Or as we would say, "Pass the Boke Bucket") You may be very fond of them, but they are not your 'Baby'.
You have to be sick to do that!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 09:52 PM

My dogs are my babies and while it may look to outsiders that we replace them we really don't, when Duncan died we had to get Betty pup we were all suffering so much with the loss of Duncan and watching Mollie dog so unhappy made us get Betty pup. She can never replace him but she is helping us get over our loss and remember Duncan as the brilliant boy he was, instead of us just remembering him dead.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 10:43 PM

No, no, no Grumblewagon - I'm going to put my foot down with a firm hand on this one. If I want to call my youngest dog 'mommy's lickle chickling' I will - and he wags his tail when I say it

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top