Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 09:46 PM

Re: My pet hate....

I used to get quite a few but the ones I really detested were the ones that threatened hellfire and damnation if you didn't forward them on with 2 seconds (or something like that). Now, I'm not a suspicious person really but I couldn't bring myself to not forward them on just in case .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 10:09 PM

Never had anything like that if I did I would delete it and not respond.
It could be a phishing email sent randomly once you reply they know you are there
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2013, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I really really hate getting those soppy emails from people where they tell you how many ways they love you then say if you love me send this email back to me...... I really puke That any one who knows me needs that crap bugs the heck out of me ......
Who does like them?
Nope sorry Baggy, never had anything like that, would make me cringe as well I don't know what I've done but on my yahoo account I don't even get those stupid spam e-mails, hope I haven't jinxed myself by saying that
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 12:21 AM

I have also told friends not to send them but a few still do and I just ignore them and delete. They probably send them on for exactly the same reason as ben-varrey does. All that mushy stuff about love and friendship and breaking the chain is such rubbish.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

24-02-2013, 01:29 PM

If anyone sent me something so stupid I would think them ready for the funny farm. Chain letters, especially with threats attached if you don't send them on are silly, and so are the people who are scared by them, imo.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
If anyone sent me something so stupid I would think them ready for the funny farm. Chain letters, especially with threats attached if you don't send them on are silly, and so are the people who are scared by them, imo.

And it's not being scared - it's being cautious
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2013, 02:24 PM

I read them, they make me feel so loved and they give my ego a boost ..... no I don't send them on, they are mine all mine

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2013, 02:40 PM

Chuckle and a giggle....
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2013, 03:03 PM

I really get irritated by so-called warning emails full of exclamation marks with lots of capitals, telling me how water bottles will explode, or something will burn up my hard drive, or how some anonymous person in the US left a baby on her car roof and it was swapped for a dingo .... in other words, fallacious emails that are passed on without the sender bothering to check Hoax Slayer beforehand. They then travel all round the globe for no reason whatsoever. When I point out to someone that it's a ridiculous hoax they then say "oh, but best to be safe than sorry!" AAARGGGHH!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2013, 03:07 PM

I'm surrounded by people that just dont 'get it' so, Aaargghh!!
Another pet hate is the overuse of 'CAPITAL LETTERS' to make a point !
Aaargghh again

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top