Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 04:36 PM

Re: Blind Date

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Yes, once and only once! Bored out of my mind. We went to the pictures, in one door we both went and I went out the other, telling the poor chappie I was going to the loo

Never again
WOW....I did the same thing !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
BV My husband does attend a Probus men's group once a month for retired business and professional guys, which he enjoys. It is held in the morning, which is great as after 6pm he isn't firing on all cylinders so can't go out and about after that time. We did look at the University of the Third Age and he gave it a go, but he didn't enjoy it at all, not intellectually stimulating enough, and many people just ignored him, which wasn't very nice. He helped out at the local OXFAM shop for a year, but got very frustrated as he wasn't happy with the way it was being run, and frankly he found it boring. He enjoys gardening, and keeps ours and our daughter's vicarage garden in good order, that doesn't feed his brain. He can play chess, but isn't as good as he was, and has to rely on our daughter or eldest grandson for a game, which doesn't happen very often. He listens to classical music which he enjoys, and reads books on his Kindle.

If only I could find a highly intelligent person of a similar age who would be happy to come around once or twice a week to have serious intellectual discussions with him it would be great, my husband dislikes chit chat. But I have lucked out so far, because my husband can't always articulate his thoughts someone would have to be very patient with him. Hey ho!
Are you for 'real' Willow - or is this another 'wind-up)
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 05:10 PM

How on earth did I give the impression I had an arranged married for goodness sake?
Read your own post.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-02-2013, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Read your own post.
I have and cannot for the life of me see how you could read into it an arranged marriage?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 07:40 PM

I have and cannot for the life of me see how you could read into it an arranged marriage?
Willow, I have to admit I also read the first line of your post #8
I was formally introduced to the man I was to marry
as it being an arranged marriage
Maybe if you had said you were introduced to the man who you later married there wouldn't have been the misunderstanding
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2013, 08:24 PM

** Personal argument removed.
Remember do not get personal or result in name calling.
Thank you
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

26-02-2013, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Willow, I have to admit I also read the first line of your post #8 as it being an arranged marriage
Maybe if you had said you were introduced to the man who you later married there wouldn't have been the misunderstanding
But I was introduced to him quite formally, why some should make a production out of a perfectly normal thing goodness only knows!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2013, 08:29 PM

But I was introduced to him quite formally, why some should make a production out of a perfectly normal thing goodness only knows!
Thank you Willow, you have already told us that you now see why your wording could have caused confusion.
WinterRose
Ohio / Indiana
WinterRose is female  WinterRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 01:00 PM

continued about my BLIND DATE !!

Well as I ended the story I had just KISSED someone and said I LOVE YOU ... well the rest of the story goes like this ....

Well as I said we were together the rest of that night. Well, he walked me home to get some stuff because some of the girls were going to staying overnight because we had BOWLING in the morning and it would be easier to get things cleaned up in the house.

So, the GUY I ended up with well once we got back to the house of where the party was ... we said GOOD NIGHT and he gave me a kiss and told me he would call me tomorrow & I said to him why not just come to the BOWLING ALLEY and U can watch me ...

Well that next morning came and he came and picked me up and I went home first to drop off stuff then I had off to the bowling alley. And, he sat and watched me !!

The months went by and we stayed together and then in May 1977 he came to get me at school & on our way home ... we stopped in a park and sat & talked and then he took out of his pocket a small green box & then he asked me to marry him & well I said YES & he then placed the ring on my finger ... so then we headed back to base so that he could get to work & so he took me home & I shared the news with my family & we also called his family here in Ohio !! They were all happy for us ...

Well we then got married ... APRIL FOOL'S DAY 1978 { 4/1 } and the rest is history and this year marks 35 years for us !!

That folks is my story !!
northernsoul
New Member!
Sheffield
northernsoul is male 

27-02-2013, 01:03 PM

I met someone thro the paper, 12 years later were still together but not married.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top