Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 01:00 PM

oopps

Nearly forgot ...got another interview today ....the last one didn't work out ....I WAS TO OLD
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 01:04 PM

Re: oopps

Good luck with the interview martian (do you think your 'nationality' might be going against you? Not being funny but I'd wear a big hat and glasses if I were you ).
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 01:12 PM

If I wore that i probably wouldn't get through the door ....perhaps if i wore ???? no i mustn't post that would get into trouble
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 01:17 PM

good luck anyway Steve
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 01:52 PM

I hope the interview goes well Steve, what job is this for?
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

27-02-2013, 02:14 PM

Semi skilled store maintenance assistant ...its only part-time at the moment and a 6 month contract ..but i would have my foot in the door and it is a major company ....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 02:21 PM

Aw guid luck with your interview! Ridiculous that companies say one is too old! Happens too regularly!

Look forward to a positive outcome.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

27-02-2013, 02:57 PM

It is illegal to discriminate on age here ....there was 2 of us at my intervener/induction the other chap was a window cleaner prob mid to late 20's ( i dont know if there were any other candidates)....the job was for a service engineer, training will be given .....I had 30+ years in the service industry ..he wasn't born when I started working...I felt uneasy when I noticed the interviewer was making eye contact to HIM when when explaining the job etc. he did not ask him his age that I can remember however he did ask me (56) and referred to me as as 'still a young pup' when I replied to which I replied 'Yes a very experienced young pup'..this was on a Tuesday ..I got a letter on the Friday...that was very suspicious....I could have done that Job with my eyes shut!!!
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

27-02-2013, 07:04 PM

That's my interview done ....i dont hold much hope on this one though..I was asked a lot of question on how I would do things ...I knew how to with no problems but how to explain to the interviewer was difficult and i stumbled and stuttered...all my knowledge for this job i have gained through practical DIY experience..It was obvious i was very rusty and nervous about my answers ....I will know next week....hopefully
spinner
yorkshire
spinner is female  spinner has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 07:08 PM

There's a vacancy for a pope at the moment...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top