Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 05:42 PM

How did you meet your other half?

I was hitch hiking around Europe with a girlfriend and we were in southern spain Late one night looking for a place to stay. We went into a bar and met a group of lads on holiday who had a flat , they said we could crash on the floor of their place and we went to a disco with them... We all got a little drunk and one of the lads thought it was funny to pull my chair out as I was about to sit down.... I fell cracking my face against the corner of the table. I ran off to the ladies with blood pouring down my face and the lad that did it chasing after me to make sure I was ok..... My friend seeing this chap chasing me and the blood on my face from the dance floor asumes he is attacking me. she chases him and hits him from behind with a unplumbed sink that was on the floor of the ladies.... He falls to the ground and we both freak thinking he is dead..... We collect our bags and get out of there and in the middle of the night start to hitch hike ... The crew tour bus for UFO( who remenbers them?) stopped and picked us up..... our eyes met over the fog of dope smoke(atcually my one eye and his 2) ..... and the sound engineer and I were married 5 years later .... that was 30 years ago last week.....
What about you ?
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

27-02-2013, 05:56 PM

Re: How did you meet your other half?

My husband to be came over on holiday to my home island in 1965 when he was nearly 18, I was 15 at the time. My mother was a friend of his sister in-law. I remember being told that I would meet him and that I had to be pleasant to him. Naturally that was like a red rag to a bull, teenagers don't like being what to do by their parents! Anyway the introduction was made and surprisingly we hit it off. Neither of us had a boy/girlfriend before, we married four years later and have stuck it out ever since.
spinner
yorkshire
spinner is female  spinner has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 06:46 PM

I met the man I married in a hotel in Cornwall. He was a waiter, I a chambermaid. Despite the difference in our status, he was kind to me.
We were married at St. Austell registry office, cornish pasties our reception menu.
It was down hill after that...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 07:36 PM

Sheila was going out with a friend of mine called Peter. I asked her for a date and she chose me over Pete. That was nearly 56 years ago.
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 07:42 PM

And what did Pete have to say about that ? Did you stay friends with him ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by spinner ->
I met the man I married in a hotel in Cornwall. He was a waiter, I a chambermaid. Despite the difference in our status, he was kind to me.
We were married at St. Austell registry office, cornish pasties our reception menu.
It was down hill after that...
Aw - it got off to such a good start.....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 08:02 PM

Well, its like this - I was singing in a pub, I looked across and there 'he' was, I 'knew' he was the one for me. So, I sang 'Fever' - Peggy Lee style... Now how, could he resist Pats....
Nobaggage

27-02-2013, 08:08 PM

That is cool Pats .... If Id of sung my hubby would of run a mile ...voice like a drain cleaner me !!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-02-2013, 08:13 PM

.... - I'm told - by some - that can be a very sexy sort of voice, or are we talking more - Brian Blessed
Nobaggage

27-02-2013, 08:15 PM

More the type that cuts through grease,,,,, Im afraid , even the dogs ears go down when I sing one will even stand on my cheast and put his paws on my mouth ...I kid you not. ;0(

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top