Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 08:17 PM

Re: How did you meet your other half?

...Hilarious, usually they howl along with ya, so i guess you are low down on the music scale....
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 08:19 PM

What makes it worse is I never get any words right either ... this drives hubby mad ....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 08:22 PM

It was like something out of a Mills and Boone story

I was running a tea room on top of a gift shop and we shared a side gate with the two flats on top of an adjoining shop.

After locking up one evening I rushed through the gate not looking where I was going straight into the arms of a man I was so embarrassed
Muttered an apology I hurried away . Next morning when I went into work there was a note pushed through the door addressed to 'the pretty girl with auburn hair'
It said..
'Please come out with me tonight, tomorrow night and every night for the rest of my life '

I was stunned even more so when he turned up later that morning for coffee

I learnt the mystery man was an Army Officer who lived in one of the flats accessed through our gate.

I went out with him that night, he was handsome and tanned having just returned from a trip to the middle east .
The next day I went to work and returned to my lodgings that evening to find my landlady snowed under by roses which had been sent by the mystery man along with an invitation to dinner.

That was it, we were inseparable...
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 08:24 PM

Awww... thats lovely....does he still send you roses ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Awww... thats lovely....does he still send you roses ?
Sadly no Baggy , he died in 1984 .

I never married again or even looked at another man. Our time together was quite short and very eventful, no other relationship could hope to match what we had
Nobaggage

27-02-2013, 08:33 PM

Sorry to hear that .... but I expect on some other universe he is still sending them xx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

27-02-2013, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Sorry to hear that .... but I expect on some other universe he is still sending them xx
Baggy our son sends them now he is so like his Father .
I have saved all my husbands letters including that origin note , I hope one day my Grandchildren will be touched by them...
Nobaggage

27-02-2013, 08:42 PM

I still have the bit of cardboard mine gave me with his mums number on incase we lost touch while travelling .... nothing would make me throw it away....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2013, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It was like something out of a Mills and Boone story

I was running a tea room on top of a gift shop and we shared a side gate with the two flats on top of an adjoining shop.

After locking up one evening I rushed through the gate not looking where I was going straight into the arms of a man I was so embarrassed
Muttered an apology I hurried away . Next morning when I went into work there was a note pushed through the door addressed to 'the pretty girl with auburn hair'
It said..
'Please come out with me tonight, tomorrow night and every night for the rest of my life '

I was stunned even more so when he turned up later that morning for coffee

I learnt the mystery man was an Army Officer who lived in one of the flats accessed through our gate.

I went out with him that night, he was handsome and tanned having just returned from a trip to the middle east .
The next day I went to work and returned to my lodgings that evening to find my landlady snowed under by roses which had been sent by the mystery man along with an invitation to dinner.

That was it, we were inseparable...
Meg - such a fabulous story, like something from a movie...
You are right of course, no one can replace a 'soul' mate...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

27-02-2013, 09:14 PM

Thank you Baggy and Pats

Some lovely and interesting stories there everyone

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top