Join for free
Page 12 of 33 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 01:57 PM

Re: Scottish Referendum.

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
Well I don't really give two hoots about Salmond OR His skin,lol,as long as He gets Scotland what it wants,He'll have done His job.
Exactly so aquablue. I feel that the campaign being waged by Salmond revolves around what Scotland wants whereas the "Eton Mess" campaign revolves around what Westminster wants which, to my mind, is not the issue.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 02:24 PM

Well put aquablue and I hope it goes your way.

Westminster tend to treat everyone disdain except the city. I have to say though I'd rather gouge my own eyes out than vote for tories!! So it's kind going to leave me in a real quandary when the labour party go down the drain after Scotlands breaks away - hey ho I might apply for asylum in Glasgow - reckon they might take some of us?

My postal YES vote was sent over a week ago so I can only hope the majority of the good Folk of Scotland have decided as I have.

..It could never have been any other for Me after the bastard Thatcher devastated My County Lanarkshire twenty odd years ago,and Scotland has been treated like shit by a Westminster Government ever since,

We need to stop the 'Brain Drain' of Our smart young Graduates having to go South for jobs which They have been educated here for,We also need Industry to be built here in Scotland and the apprenticeships to be brought back again,We need to build a better more prosperous Scotland and that can only happen once We get rid of Westminster for good and We can decide who WE want as Prime Minister knowing He/She will do Their utmost to make Scotland and the Scots proud of Them.

All of the threats and bully boy tactics I've listened to these past few weeks from the better together clique have sickened Me,and as for Gordon Brown,ugh!! words fail Me..I want shot of the whole bloody lot of Them,and that includes the Tory run BBC.

My concerns and worries about doing the right thing are now over,I KNOW I have voted the right way,and I also know it will be a difficult few Years to get it all together,but We will in the end.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 02:24 PM

Well I don't really give two hoots about Salmond OR His skin,lol,as long as He gets Scotland what it wants,He'll have done His job.
As long as he gives you what you want don't you mean? As far as I was aware around half of the Scots don't want what Salmond wants, ergo they don't want what you want either...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->

So it's kind going to leave me in a real quandary when the labour party go down the drain after Scotlands breaks away - hey ho I might apply for asylum in Glasgow - reckon they might take some of us?
I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms...
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 02:29 PM

oh you do make me chuckle ... such a wag

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I'm sure they'd welcome you with open arms...
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 02:33 PM

Whether it is "Yes" or "No" it is up to the Scots to wage their own campaigns not for Westminster to try to force the issue.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
As long as he gives you what you want don't you mean? As far as I was aware around half of the Scots don't want what Salmond wants, ergo they don't want what you want either...
Well if that's how it goes,so be it,I of course will support the majority of the good Folk of Scotland,but I will never vote in another uk General election,My choice..:~)....

The thought of the lightweight chinless wonder Miliband running My Country makes Me shudder, as He like the rest of the Westminster clique does not give a damn about My Country or the Folk who live and work in it.

PS,i will always be grateful to Salmond for giving Westminster its biggest fright and shakeup in Centuries,Thay CANNOT go back to being the arrogant sods They have been in the past,They will HAVE to treat We Northern Scots AND English with some respect from now on.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->

Westminster tend to treat everyone disdain except the city. I have to say though I'd rather gouge my own eyes out than vote for tories!! So it's kind going to leave me in a real quandary when the labour party go down the drain after Scotlands breaks away - hey ho I might apply for asylum in Glasgow - reckon they might take some of us?
EVERYONE is welcome in bonny Scotland Baxter,too bad You left it too late to vote, :~)
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 03:11 PM

As much as I hope the Vote is yes I doubt if anything will ever be the same no matter what the result is. Far to many People have really woken up to politics in a way that I think is wonderful. This level of engagement is incredible. I saw on the News that several Counties in England want the Powers to look after themselves and make decisions that concern them and not Westminster.......Oh Yes...things will never be the same again.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 03:17 PM

Thought I'd lighten the Tone a wee bit......Here's the latest Scare Rumour of Leaving Scotland.

Page 12 of 33 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top