Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 07:44 PM

Olympic security includes surface-to-air missiles

This article is an eye-opener. On the one hand it's good to know security is a high priority. On the other it's alarming to think there could be threats that justify use of such weaponry.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 07:55 PM

Re: Olympic security includes surface-to-air missiles

It certainly is!, the heavy stuff coming out, they must have received some serious threats, I sincerely hope everything goes well and people will remember the games as being a joy to be witnessed.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 10:19 PM

Makes me wonder if it's really worth it. Perhaps each country taking part should put something in the pot to help ensure the security of the games and their visitors and participants.
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 10:58 PM

After 9/11 the olympic games in the UK is going to be the terrorists number one target. Can you imagine a more tempting target with all the wests nations gathered together in one place?
I pity whoever is responsible for the security. Can you imagine the stress they must be under.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2012, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Chippy ->
After 9/11 the olympic games in the UK is going to be the terrorists number one target. Can you imagine a more tempting target with all the wests nations gathered together in one place?
I pity whoever is responsible for the security. Can you imagine the stress they must be under.
Well, there you have it. I wasn't letting that thought truly materialize but it was in the back of my mind. Very frightening.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2012, 01:52 AM

thats not good news for us were flying to the uk a week tuesday
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2012, 07:16 AM

It doesn't start for 3 months Pixie.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2012, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
thats not good news for us were flying to the uk a week tuesday

I'm sure you'll be fine Pixie though I know it's a worry.....We flew to New York shortly after 9/11 and it was a little nerve racking but security was at It's premium.We'd never felt so safe.

What concerns me is whilst all security eyes are focused on the Olympics other targets may be more vulnerable......
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2012, 07:50 AM

May and could are words used by our alarmist press.
I think the security forces will not make public what measures they have in place to safe guard the events.
Just my opinion though.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
May and could are words used by our alarmist press.
I think the security forces will not make public what measures they have in place to safe guard the events.
Just my opinion though.
I'm sure they won't mesco m. and lets just hope there won't be any need to have to impliment them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top