Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 07:45 PM

Re: Sorry (?) folks, but she has to be admired!

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Unfortunately, you could be right JBR
I believe I am.

It is largely down to our politicians, but not entirely so.

I'm afraid that the problem also lies with society in general. I'm thinking about all the things that people do these days that we never heard of when we were kids. The newspapers and TV news is full of such reports.

These are things that are not going to be changed very easily.

Sorry for sounding negative; I prefer to be thought of as being realist (not THE Realist, of course - sorry Realist! ).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It is the Modus Operandum of all ruling collectives to sow the seeds of doubt in its subordinates and to make them feel that change is impossible, that everything is a Fait Au Complet.

It is always a lie.

Change CAN come and be made to happen.

It takes courage from the people to stand up and be counted. To fight for what they believe is right and to stand against tyranny and dictatorship in all its ugly forms.

At the moment the people of the UK have called the bluff of our dictators and said "There is no real democracy here, your political system is a sham".

To prove it we have voted to Leave the EU.

They have no intention whatsoever of allowing us to leave and thereby will we prove that democracy IS an illusion here.

The dictators are worried. They see the inevitable end point of having had their bluff called.

Revolution
That's a good example of my point in my last post above: the fact that people are too laid back these days.

I'm thinking of such things as the Jarrow March.

The best we can do these days is snowflakes carrying placards demanding 'NO BREXIT'. People tend to ignore them for obvious reasons.

We should be surrounding the Palace of Westminster and preventing MPs gaining admission, for example. If the reports of low police numbers are correct, then a million such protesters would be unassailable!

Writing letters to our MPs and posting on sites like this have absolutely no effect. The MPs probably just ignore them and, possibly, get a lackey to post a standard letter of response to the writer. I know: I've had some!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR
Writing letters to our MPs and posting on sites like this have absolutely no effect. The MPs probably just ignore them and, possibly, get a lackey to post a standard letter of response to the writer. I know: I've had some!
I agree, but here at least we can share news and articles and learn from one another.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-11-2018, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I agree, but here at least we can share news and articles and learn from one another.
Very true.

Unfortunately, there are those who cannot see the wood for the trees!
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The EU is not a democratic organisation but a virtual dictatorship with all the power being centralised amongst an elite few
Could you tell us one major policy change that was not voted for by the democratically elected leaders of the member states.

You can't, therefore your talk of a dictatorship is just so much rubbish.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
Could you tell us one major policy change that was not voted for by the democratically elected leaders of the member states.

You can't, therefore your talk of a dictatorship is just so much rubbish.
How about the policy change unilateraly enacted by Merkel that forced the opening of borders to allow the tsunami of illegal migrants in to the EU a couple of years ago.

No agreement, no consultation , pure diktat.

I'm sure all the hundreds of raped and sexually molested German and Swedish women aren't best pleased with that diktat.

What next one wonders, a unilateral declaration of war by Macron against Russia on behalf of the rest of the EU?

And Yes, May is to be admired for her tenacity and perserverance and absolutely hammered and vilified for her shite negotiating skills .
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
How about the policy change unilateraly enacted by Merkel that forced the opening of borders to allow the tsunami of illegal migrants in to the EU a couple of years ago.

No agreement, no consultation , pure diktat.
You are wrong, there was no policy change, look at the Immigration Policy document and you will see this to be true.

"Member States retain the right to determine volumes of admission for people coming from third countries to seek work."

Likewise similar policies regarding obligations to accept refugees
has long been EU law, voted for by all member countries. Have a look at the EU laws.

I have no objection to people speaking against EU policies, but to deny them and make up false claims is the politics of stupidity.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 08:34 AM

You are wrong, there was no policy change, look at the Immigration Policy document and you will see this to be true.

"Member States retain the right to determine volumes of admission for people coming from third countries to seek work."

Likewise similar policies regarding obligations to accept refugees
has long been EU law, voted for by all member countries. Have a look at the EU laws.

I have no objection to people speaking against EU policies, but to deny them and make up false claims is the politics of stupidity.
You're making tthings worse for yourself.

That decision by Merkel was nothing to do with seeking work.

You are being disingenuous ( quelle surprise!)

It was politcally motivated to slap down Hungary, Croatia and others who were closing borders.

Therefore it was policy by diktat by Merkel....

Alles Heil Frau Merkel!
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK

28-11-2018, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You are being disingenuous ( quelle surprise!)

!
Says someone who doesn't understand the EU law regarding refugees, that I referred to......tell me, who is being disingenuous.

You choose to ignore my reference to refugees, and also ignore the FACT that the countries you refer to were acting contrary to EU and international law.

"The EU Common European Asylum System (CEAS) is a set of EU laws, completed in 2005. They are intended to ensure that all EU member states protect the rights of asylum seekers and refugees."

"Common European Asylum System. Asylum is granted to people fleeing persecution or serious harm in their own country and therefore in need of international protection. Asylum is a fundamental right; granting it is an international obligation, first recognised in the 1951 Geneva Convention on the protection of refugees"
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 10:16 AM

Says someone who doesn't understand the EU law regarding refugees, that I referred to......tell me, who is being disingenuous.

You choose to ignore my reference to refugees, and also ignore the FACT that the countries you refer to were acting contrary to EU and international law.

"The EU Common European Asylum System (CEAS) is a set of EU laws, completed in 2005. They are intended to ensure that all EU member states protect the rights of asylum seekers and refugees."

"Common European Asylum System. Asylum is granted to people fleeing persecution or serious harm in their own country and therefore in need of international protection. Asylum is a fundamental right; granting it is an international obligation, first recognised in the 1951 Geneva Convention on the protection of refugees"
Can you then explain why those seeking asylum, who have traveled through a number of European countries, are not seeking asylum in the countries they have traveled through yet are prepared to put their families lives at risk, by using overloaded dinghies to travel by night to Britain? Doesn't this mean that the rest of Europe is not meeting the obligation of the Geneva Convention?

If it doesn't, then it implies that many are not refugees seeking refuge, but illegal immigrants trying to get into the country they choose!

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top