Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 05:34 AM

Re: what a DSLR camera can't do

That looks very similar to my Panasonic DMC LX-10 (backlit photo quickly taken by my DMC TZ-110)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030220-001.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	14827  
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 08:58 AM

and then there's this kind of set-up, using phone, tablet, laptop ....

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2021, 09:20 AM

and picture quality is directly relevant to sensor size: the bigger the better.

Cameras with a longer reach have a smaller sensor. Here's an interesting comparison of two camera of a similar weight and size. Forget Megapixel numbers, big pixels are better than small pixels.

https://www.apotelyt.com/compare-cam...panasonic-tz95
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

But a compact camera can
Strangely enough, My Nikon D500 can tilt to the same degree as in your original post! So, even more nonsensical bullsh*t.
Thankfully, this will be my last post (possibly) You still have no idea and long may you reign on here and perhaps learn from others how to take a decent photograph (though I unfortunately doubt it)
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Strangely enough, My Nikon D500 can tilt to the same degree as in your original post! So, even more nonsensical bullsh*t.
Thankfully, this will be my last post (possibly) You still have no idea and long may you reign on here and perhaps learn from others how to take a decent photograph (though I unfortunately doubt it)
Reported post to admin
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
That is very unkind, Gasman, we all have to learn. I am no photographer - just a happy snapper - so cannot comment on the technical abilities of those who post in here - but - I have seen and appreciated some stunning contributions from many of our members - yourself and Realspeed included.

If you must criticize, make it a constructive criticism by saying what you believe is wrong with the photo - not a personal attack on the poster.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

18-03-2021, 09:16 AM

I'm inclined to agree with gasman.

But Hey! this is a site for doddery old fogies, you gotta cut some slack, I do on a daily basis.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 09:50 AM

We can't all be David Bailey, this a forum for us old folk not Photographer of the Year, it's just for fun, happy snaps are fine surely?
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 01:01 AM

If you must criticize, make it a constructive criticism by saying what you believe is wrong with the photo - not a personal attack on the poster.
I have tried that various times and guided him towards some excellent, free photographic tutorials. Stating 'what a DSLR can't do' is total fabrication, as my Nikon D500 can tilt the same way as the OP.
gasman
Kent, UK

21-03-2021, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
We can't all be David Bailey, this a forum for us old folk not Photographer of the Year, it's just for fun, happy snaps are fine surely?
I agree Bruce, however, I don't agree with his 'expert photographic knowledge' my quote, not his. A false claim that my DSLR cannot tilt the same as his original post. I know and appreciate that this isn't a photographic site - no problem. However, false claims, possibly leading others to think that he knows what he is talking about, isn't on my agenda. If folks are happy with that, then I have no problem and I shall leave you in his 'capable' hands.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top