Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 01:03 PM

Re: Water Fasting.

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
In my case I saw my GP three times before she took me seriously
Wow those GPs and health staff are really good aren't they ?!!

initially she said I was post viral, and I then had a blood test. Turned out I was seriously anaemic
Yep, well we all make mistakes, those GP's will get it right in the end won't they, I mean they're qualified and everything !

it took six months and no less than three more wrong diagnoses to find what was really wrong.

Yeah but health is a complicated issue, there are like millions of ailments and conditions and these poor GPs can't be expected to remember them all and find the right thing in their little medical books in an instant ! Six months and 3 incorrect diagnoses ain't that bad surely !!

[/END SARCASM]
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:16 PM

I'm not dizzy, I'm sluggish and tired, and it's making me feel off, just not right.I know it's from overeating and nothing else lol. I also know my own body, and at the moment it's screaming STOP, give me a rest. So I wondered about the water fast when I heard the others talking about it. That's all. I have my blood done every 6 months and apart from being a bit too high it's fine. As I said, if, IF, I do this then it will be only for 48 hours.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:42 PM

I'm no expert Roxy ....

If you're feeling off or not well I'd take a trip to the Doctors ... and maybe try just cutting down on your food a little?
You haven't said if you've got problems with your appetite or feel bloated.
Fasting for 48 hours sounds a little drastic to me and I'd understood people who do it, do it more for a detox than weight loss.

But I know nuffin.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:43 PM

Roxy,
Don't get too anxious about feeling this way. Your initial post and some others that followed (from members perhaps also wanting to try this) has sent some alarm bells ringing amongst us naturally. When someone mentioned fasting up to seven days the question "why?" does occur to us, of course it does.

It's fine to hear other people talking about "interesting" ideas such as you did whilst relaxing in your hot tub, but don't be gullible enough as to want to do the same. If you're overeating, that certainly does cause depression. being overfull makes us sluggish and I know myself if I've eaten too much I feel like I can't be bothered to do anything and that gets me anxious.

You're not on hunger strike. You do not need to resort to a water-only diet, even for a couple of days - it is simply unnecessary. You need to look at your diet properly and adjust it so that you are getting a good healthy balance of food intake and I'm sure you will begin to feel better in yourself.

Good luck and keep us informed
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Wow those GPs and health staff are really good aren't they ?!!

Yep, well we all make mistakes, those GP's will get it right in the end won't they, I mean they're qualified and everything !

Yeah but health is a complicated issue, there are like millions of ailments and conditions and these poor GPs can't be expected to remember them all and find the right thing in their little medical books in an instant ! Six months and 3 incorrect diagnoses ain't that bad surely !!

[/END SARCASM]
Realist I don't do sarcasm and I don't do blame.

Yes mistakes were made...but the whole family had suffered from a horrible cough virus, it was all over the country, so post viral was a reasonable assumption, particularly as I've had that before and I know it can last 6 weeks and then just miraculously lift off you like a cloud.

But when it got to the stage where I couldn't go upstairs without having to sit down at the top feeling faint, with my pulse thundering in my ears, I knew it wasn't post viral.

And to be fair, after my blood test they phoned me immediately that afternoon and I was back in the surgery the following day being fast tracked for the first of many tests - gastroscopy, colonoscopy, barium X-ray, CT scan...

The rest is a long story I won't bore you with!

But I do believe we must take responsibility for our health and ask questions.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 06:40 PM

But I do believe we must take responsibility for our health and ask questions.
Absolutely and I’m glad you asked questions and got the help you needed.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I'm not dizzy, I'm sluggish and tired, and it's making me feel off, just not right.I know it's from overeating and nothing else lol. I also know my own body, and at the moment it's screaming STOP, give me a rest. So I wondered about the water fast when I heard the others talking about it. That's all. I have my blood done every 6 months and apart from being a bit too high it's fine. As I said, if, IF, I do this then it will be only for 48 hours.
Oh how I wish you'd said that at the beginning !
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by zuleika ->
oh how i wish you'd said that at the beginning !
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 07:14 AM

I assumed you had just over indulged and wanted a good detox and water fasting is good for that whatever you decide... Good luck
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Absolutely and I’m glad you asked questions and got the help you needed.
Yes - I would agree with that as well.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top