Join for free
Page 14 of 34 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 06:07 PM

Re: Supreme Court nominee accused

Bakerman, it certainly is a case of "he said, she said".

It is also quite disturbing that anyone in a high position or running for high office, can so easily be accused of historical sex crimes.

Her reason for not reporting it at the time was apparently because she was frightened of telling her parents that she had returned to the boys house and had drank a bottle of beer.

Well, who am I to say who is telling the truth and who isn't? but I really believe that apart from sex crimes committed on children by their own parents, siblings or relatives, there should be a time limit on when accusations should be levelled at someone such as in the case of Brett Kavanaugh, who has been selected for one of the highest offices in the USA.

It seems so unfair. Equally disturbing was having to watch her give evidence with all the tears and then watch as he became emotional as he pleaded to be believed that he was completely innocent of the accusation.

Something is very wrong there. It is definitely a case of "was she convincing enough" or "was he convincing enough". Without proof, this should not be happening to him.

Just my opinion of course.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Who will they believe? The lady has more credibility IMO.

I agree Cinderella...Dr. Ford replied to each and every question put to her, in a simple, yet humble, and polite...manner.

As for Judge Kavanaugh...he began by showing an attitude, certainly not befitting a judge. He was rude and obnoxious, throwing questions back at the democratic senators, without answering a lot of the time. I particularly noticed that he kept twitching his nose...like a bull snorting...you could almost see the smoke coming out of his nostrils...

Of course, I don't know whether he is innocent or guilty...but I do know...that he is NOT fit to sit on The Supreme Court.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I buy her story much more than I buy that unpleasant guy's spiel!
Interesting

All the three witness she named at the time of her so called abuse can not recall any of the facts she stated.

But you still believe her.

Your a *****************

Edit by AZZ

Please do not call other members stupid jump up morons even if they are stupid jumped up morons:twisted :
Beautiful Filly
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Interesting

All the three witness she named at the time of her so called abuse can not recall any of the facts she stated.

But you still believe her.

Your a *****************

I don't find it odd at all, that the three persons named as witnesses can't recall the incident. That is probably because it didn't happen to them, therefore it was just a party, like any other.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
I don't find it odd at all, that the three persons named as witnesses can't recall the incident. That is probably because it didn't happen to them, therefore it was just a party, like any other.
YES thank you for making my point much better than I could.

So do wonder why she named them.
Beautiful Filly

28-09-2018, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
YES thank you for making my point much better than I could.

So do wonder why she named them.
I would assume she named them because she recalled them being...at that particular party.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 07:37 PM

Astounding development !

Judge Kavanaugh was voted upon to proceed to the full Senate for a vote , BUT, Senator Flake (a Republican) demanded an FBI investigation BEFORE he would vote in favor of Kavanaugh.

President Trump is the only one who can order an FBI investigation. It looks to me like Trump is painted into a corner. Why ? Because he may not have enough Senate votes in favor of Kavanaugh.

Naturally, the FBI would have to find some evidence of guilt, over and above what Ford says. What people think, including all those who knew Ford and Kavanaugh, will not matter one tiny bit. Only two things matter, physical proof of sexual, assault, and someone who actually saw the alleged assault.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 07:46 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45687301

His fate may be in the hands of the vice president.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45687301

His fate may be in the hands of the vice president.
Yes, in case of a tie vote, the vice-president can cast the deciding vote. We know how he'll vote. But, the margin of safety is mighty slim.

This is how the Senate stands: 47 Democrats, 2 Independents , and 51 Republicans. We already know that the democrats will absolutely vote NAY ! The 2 Independents will almost certainly go along with the Democrats. I think some of the Republicans , especially the females, may vote NAY. Close call.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

28-09-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, in case of a tie vote, the vice-president can cast the deciding vote. We know how he'll vote. But, the margin of safety is mighty slim.

This is how the Senate stands: 47 Democrats, 2 Independents , and 51 Republicans. We already know that the democrats will absolutely vote NAY ! The 2 Independents will almost certainly go along with the Democrats. I think some of the Republicans , especially the females, may vote NAY. Close call.
Did hear that just two Dems might vote for him if they have the guts to stand the abuse they might get of the leftie Dems

Think the votes are on Tuesday.

Which is in the face of some Dems who wanted no vote till after the mid terms, which they might lose over this fiasco.

Think the Dems played disgusting politics and abuse with this poor women.

Page 14 of 34 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top