Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2014, 02:36 PM

Re: Wise words and Inspiring quotations...

Yes and I always think old indian names are beautiful to and also have lovely meanings.
I once asked this old indian what was his wife's name. he told me he called her 5 Horses.
I then asked why you call her 5 Horses.
He replied "Nag Nag Nag Nag Nag."

The old ones are the best aren't they..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2014, 02:53 PM

Well I had to larf
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2014, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Yes and I always think old indian names are beautiful to and also have lovely meanings.
I once asked this old indian what was his wife's name. he told me he called her 5 Horses.
I then asked why you call her 5 Horses.
He replied "Nag Nag Nag Nag Nag."

The old ones are the best aren't they..
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 12:03 AM

Can I diverge a bit with a quote from my father at a meeting on education?

"Ignorance is not not knowing, but not knowing and not wanting to know"
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 01:04 AM

Aha, very profound - and also very true
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 12:10 PM

Thought you might all like this one called:-

"LUNCH and then it is WINTER"

I FIRST STARTED READING THIS EMAIL & WAS READING FAST UNTIL I REACHED THE THIRD SENTENCE. I STOPPED AND STARTED OVER READING SLOWER AND THINKING ABOUT EVERY WORD. THIS EMAIL IS VERY THOUGHT PROVOKING. MAKES YOU STOP AND THINK.
READ SLOWLY!

You know. . . time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years. It seems just yesterday that I was young, just married and embarking on my new life with my mate. Yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that I lived them all. I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams.

But, here it is... the winter of my life and it catches me by surprise...How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go? I remember well seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that winter was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like.

But, here it is...my friends are retired and getting grey...they move slower and I see an older person now. Some are in better and some worse shape than me...but, I see the great change...Not like the ones that I remember who were young and vibrant...but, like me, their age is beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd be. Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day! And taking a nap is not a treat
anymore... it's mandatory! Cause if I don't on my own free will... I just fall asleep where I sit!

And so...now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do things that I wish I had done but never did!! But, at least I know, that though the winter has come, and I'm not sure how long it will last...this I know, that when it's over on this earth...its over. A new adventure will begin!

Yes, I have regrets. There are things I wish I hadn't done...things I should have done, but indeed, there are many things I'm happy to have done. It's all in a lifetime.

So, if you're not in your winter yet...let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly! Don't put things off too long!! Life goes by quickly. So, do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether this is your winter or not! You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life...so, live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember...and hope that they appreciate and love you for all the things that you have done for them in all the years past!!

"Life" is a gift to you.

The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.

Make it a fantastic one.

LIVE IT WELL! LIVE HAPPY! ENJOY TODAY! DO SOMETHING FUN!
BUT BE HAPPY AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 12:10 PM

Be happy in order to live long - worry makes you sick.

Hopi Proverb
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 12:17 PM

My Dad once told me: falling flat on your face is not failure - not getting up again, that is failure.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2014, 12:23 PM

Learn to focus only on the present.
The past is unchangeable so it is futile to reflect on it unless you are making sure you don't repeat past mistakes.
The future is but a result of your actions today.
So learn from the past to do better in the present so that you can succeed in the future.

Jordan Lejuwaan
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2014, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Thankyou xx
I can't find them again Patsy.

One was addressing worth based on skin colour and likening it to saying that one colour bowl held food better than another bowl of a different colour - wish I could find it again, it was worded so well.

The other was about only taking from the land that which you need - again, it was worded really well.

Sorry, I did look but failed miserably!

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top