Join for free
Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 09:45 PM

Re: I Think I’ve Made A Huge Mistake, Getting Sky Q.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I will list each television and what they are connected to..

1. Main Plasma, digital television is now connected to a new SkyQ box which is connected to the new SkyQ dish. Ordinary Freeview aerial is connected too, from aerial socket on the wall.
The Sky Plus box this tv was previously connected to is in a box now. The Sky Plus dish it was connected to, has gone and the new SkyQ dish has replaced it.

2. This Plasma television was previously connected to an old Sky box and then connected to the, Sky Plus dish. This Sky box that l received Freesat on, no longer works as it won’t work off the new SkyQ dish.
The tv now works off the digital aerial and l receive Freeview.

3. This LCD, tv is in a bedroom and is connected to the Freeview aerial from the wall socket.

4. This LCD, tv works from the Freeview aerial socket in the wall.

5. This LCD, tv works from the Freeview aerial socket in the wall.

6. This LCD, tv used to work from tv 5, via an aerial adapter thing. It now no longer receives a signal.

7. This is a small screen analogue monitor/television, wall mounted in the kitchen. l used to be able to watch channels before digital tv came in via the wall aerial socket.
I then used a Freeview box connected to it, until the builders did something that l was able to watch whatever was playing on Sky on tv 1, on this tv.
Since the old Sky dish has gone. I can’t receive anything on this tv because it is analogue.
Instead, l have connected the old Freeview box to it and it works ok.

All the televisions except No 1, now suffer with intermittent pixelation. I am not sure if they are still working off the amplifier in the loft?
Wow! This is quite complicated!

No. 1 is OK receiving SkyQ.

Nos. 2, 3, 4 and 5 work from your terrestrial aerial but have pixellated images.

No. 6 as 2, 3, 4 and 5, but has no signal at all.

No. 7 as 2, 3, 4 and 5, works via a Freeview box but has pixellated images.

I suggest that a possible cause of the pixellation on nos. 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 could be that the Sky people (or a strong wind!) have moved your terrestrial aerial slightly out of alignment. This misalignment could have resulted in a reduced signal from the transmitter which could account for the pixellation, yet you are still receiving a signal. If this is what has happened, it could be relatively simple to correct.

As no. 6 has no signal at all, perhaps that could have been fed by the cable that the Sky people 'tidied up'!

God, I've got a headache now, though I thank you for starting this thread because it is becoming interestinger and interestinger!

I'm looking forward to hearing what the others make of all this.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Wow! This is quite complicated!

No. 1 is OK receiving SkyQ.

Nos. 2, 3, 4 and 5 work from your terrestrial aerial but have pixellated images.

No. 6 as 2, 3, 4 and 5, but has no signal at all.

No. 7 as 2, 3, 4 and 5, works via a Freeview box but has pixellated images.

I suggest that a possible cause of the pixellation on nos. 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 could be that the Sky people (or a strong wind!) have moved your terrestrial aerial slightly out of alignment. This misalignment could have resulted in a reduced signal from the transmitter which could account for the pixellation, yet you are still receiving a signal. If this is what has happened, it could be relatively simple to correct.

As no. 6 has no signal at all, perhaps that could have been fed by the cable that the Sky people 'tidied up'!

God, I've got a headache now, though I thank you for starting this thread because it is becoming interestinger and interestinger!

I'm looking forward to hearing what the others make of all this.
JBR, You can imagine what my head was like after composing the post!
Sorry, if l wasn’t clear but all the televisions, except no 6 and 7 do receive a signal from the Freeview aerial now but it isn’t as good as it used to be.
At first none of them had any signal at all but my friend who helps me got them going again with the exception of No. 6 and 7.
No 7 will work off the Freeview box.

I’ve got to tidy all my rooms as l suppose the Sky engineers will want to check the signal on each tv.
Why didn’t l keep my big mouth shut and do without televisions?!!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 10:54 PM

I’ve got to tidy all my rooms as l suppose the Sky engineers will want to check the signal on each tv.

There are times when everyone wishes they had a "show house" .....

Remember - flush the toilet and take your undies off the radiator .....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
There are times when everyone wishes they had a "show house" .....

Remember - flush the toilet and take your undies off the radiator .....

And, don't forget the tea and biscuits! Or small pieces of Easter egg
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:20 PM

JBR, You can imagine what my head was like after composing the post!
Sorry, if l wasn’t clear but all the televisions, except no 6 and 7 do receive a signal from the Freeview aerial now but it isn’t as good as it used to be.
At first none of them had any signal at all but my friend who helps me got them going again with the exception of No. 6 and 7.
No 7 will work off the Freeview box.

He may have got them going again but, personally, I wouldn't be very happy if the pictures are pixellated, even occasionally.

Why should you? They were all working before the Sky bodgers (er, engineers) cocked things up.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-05-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
And, don't forget the tea and biscuits! Or small pieces of Easter egg
And the cat o' nine tails if they try to fob you off.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2019, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And the cat o' nine tails if they try to fob you off.
Those activities sound quite exciting .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 08:05 AM

Foxy, They ‘tidied’ up the cables outside and left two severed cables in the outside wall (see pics shown earlier in this thread).
I later, found lots of cables in my dustbin!
Ah Yes Arty, Butttttttt....
If The cable from your aerial or amplifier had been cut, you would not get a picture at all....Not even a pixelated one....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-05-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Ah Yes Arty, Butttttttt....
If The cable from your aerial or amplifier had been cut, you would not get a picture at all....Not even a pixelated one....
Ah, but Angel's no. 6 TV has no picture at all.

Why? Probably because it has had its cable cut.

The others, as I suggested, may be pixellated because the (terrestrial) aerial has been shifted.

It also occurred to me that the Sky people might have done this on purpose to entice her into taking their further offer of having Sky on her other tellies!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 11:22 AM

Art, can I just check

When you refer to "The FreeView aerial" are you 100% sure which is which?

Can you identify the FreeView cables from the FreeSat cables?

Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top