Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 12:15 PM

Re: Waitrose hand held scanner

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I wouldn't have a coffee anywhere where you had to take your own cup. Can't be bothered with it tbh and if you say the coffee is not nice anyway well......

I didn't know that about the china cups though.
That's if there's a little cafe in the store. You get a china cup there, not at the free coffee machine.

Other people like the coffee. I don't. I find it's too weak. Not very keen on coffee, anyway.

Like you, I can't be bothered faffing with taking a cup and then having to take a dirty cup home.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
That's if there's a little cafe in the store. You get a china cup there, not at the free coffee machine.
I think our local one only has the coffee machine.

One day we were in Waitrose and were surprised to see that a full sized coffee shop had been added along with snacks and cakes. I was trying to work out what had been removed from the store to fit this in, then realised that we were in a different branch.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 12:22 PM

I think our local one only has the coffee machine.

One day we were in Waitrose and were surprised to see that a full sized coffee shop had been added along with snacks and cakes. I was trying to work out what had been removed from the store to fit this in, then realised that we were in a different branch.

I know what you mean!

There are three large Sainsbury's within driving distance of me, in different directions, so I visit them all depending on where else I'm going at the time.

They are all pretty similar in layout except............for where the café is, where the loo is, where customer services is......and in two of them, where the alcohol and cleaning products are........so I can get confused de confused sometimes!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->

I know what you mean!

There are three large Sainsbury's within driving distance of me, in different directions, so I visit them all depending on where else I'm going at the time.

They are all pretty similar in layout except............for where the café is, where the loo is, where customer services is......and in two of them, where the alcohol and cleaning products are........so I can get confused de confused sometimes!
^^^^ Yes, that's what I mean.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 12:28 PM

I may give these scammers a go,they sound like fun,..same as scanning at the self service,which I prefer to the conveyer type,

And pack as I go,why didn't I think of that,I usually welcome change,but in some areas,i just can't seem to break the habit.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 12:47 PM

We got a waitrose card and I think it entitles us to a free newspaper and a free coffee or something. Just one coffee mind you and you have to take your own cup and saucer and your own cream bun.
One of my local supermarkets is "Booths", allegedly the 'Waitrose of the North' and it, too, does the card/free newspaper/machine coffee thing but I don't bother with either - however, I do meet friends in the cafe to enjoy a half-price proper tea or coffee .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-06-2019, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
One of my local supermarkets is "Booths", allegedly the 'Waitrose of the North' and it, too, does the card/free newspaper/machine coffee thing but I don't bother with either - however, I do meet friends in the cafe to enjoy a half-price proper tea or coffee .....
Do you have to take your own tea set?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 01:46 PM

Do you have to take your own tea set?
No, everything is supplied, including WiFi .....

They also do those fashionable Afternoon Teas at a discount with a card:

It's frightening to watch frail old ladies or skinny mums "load up" .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-06-2019, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
No, everything is supplied, including WiFi .....

They also do those fashionable Afternoon Teas at a discount with a card:

It's frightening to watch frail old ladies or skinny mums "load up" .....

Blimey, that is posh looking. Much too posh for OFFers.
Pyxell
South of England

13-06-2019, 02:06 PM

Blimey, that is posh looking. Much too posh for OFFers.
Not at all! It looks delish!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top