Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 07:06 PM

Re: What Was The Very First Record You Ever Bought?

Originally Posted by plantman ->
There's a coincidence Mags, the first record that I ever bought was Tower of Strength by Frankie Vaughan, it must have been around 1961 and I think it made it to No.1....
Great minds, great tastes, Barry! I went on to buy his LP's later ...... my parents must have been fed up of listening to him!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2013, 10:21 PM

This was bought for me after I saw the film
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 02:14 AM

As an addition to the original question;

Do you still have that record? I still have most of mine though some are worn out, especially my early Stones LPs, One of them now sounds like the band consisted of Mick Jagger and a drummer.

Thank gawd for MP3s (no more lugging a record player and an armful of LPs to a party either)
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 07:07 AM

The soundtrack of The Great Caruso after I saw Mario Lanza in the film, and yes, I still have it with 52/6d on the back - when I earned 10s for a Saturday afternoon's work in a cafe.
djteel
New Member!
seagoville,tx
djteel is male 

27-04-2013, 07:21 AM

the first i bought i think was "keep on dancin'" by yhe gentrys on MGM..but i've been collecting since very young. when i was 2 ,my older brother gave me "little billy boy"by the three d's(paris records) and dreamy eyes(the B side of freight train by margie rayburn(LIBERTY).i'm a collector and have a lot of rare stuff ..but keep on dancin' was the first i bought i believe.that or leader of the laundromat by the detergents
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 12:35 PM

The very first record I bought was "Foottapper" by The Shadows, I had an old guitar and fancied meself as a lead guitarist, so did every other lad on our street, never even mastered a chord. I remember it well as the record cost me 4/6 and my apprentice wages was only 30 bob a week, expensive at that time for a single record.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 07:11 PM

My first record was by the Beatles, can't remember which one and don't want to either, so I'll say "Whiter Shade Of Pale" by Procul Harem. (It could have been "Albatross" but don't remember who it was by)
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 07:33 PM

Cilla Black... Step inside luv.
Angel
Chatterbox
Oxfordshire, UK
Angel is female 

03-05-2013, 02:42 PM

The very first record I bought was 'Poor Little Fool' by Ricky Nelson. I only had 6d a week pocket money so had to save up for it..........think it cost 4/3d, it was worth every penny, I played that record over and over and over again. I next bought 'Maybe Tomorrow' by Billy Fury.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2013, 02:45 PM

Remember those Embassy records you could buy at Woolworths. Pretty faithful imitations of the original BUT its not the same is it?

I've still got a few Billy Fury records including Maybe Tomorrow I really liked his version of "Save the Last Dance for Me". Never realised he had a bad heart when he was appearing at the Dover Odeon in several of those touring one night stands

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top