Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 09:11 AM

Re: You Don't...Do You?

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I never send cards to the pets but they send cards to others,,,or rather I use them to pose for cards...
This year I sent mum a card with myself and OH on it and she phoned me and said thankyou but she would rather have a card with Benny on it please.

Benny will now be posing for the card..
Of course although they dont get cards mine all get gifts and a lot of them have enjoyed opening gifts Max would raid the tree for any gift thinking it was his duty to open everything.
Oscar would wait with huge doleful eyes to be given his gift and then carefully tear it open..Remy would sniff sniff and then rip in a frenzy to get at his new teddy or ball. Only Benny says Bah humbug and ignores wrapping paper.

That made me laugh Cass. My mother was the same, we would give her family photographs which always got put in a drawer or albumn but photos of our then dog, Sam the Labrador, always got put in a frame. Nowadays is not so different, when friends or family come here itīs always the dogs (or dog now) who get the greetings and the fuss and itīs always photos of ChoCho now that are in demand, we are very unimportant.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Guess soon card shops will be selling cards saying
From our pet to your pet across the miles, and some will actually buy them.
They already sell them Apricot and no, I donīt buy them.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 11:34 AM

And here is Cheshire Cats Pussy waiting for her Christmas card...

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I always add My Daughters dogs Name on Their Christmas card,and I buy Blue a present too...He's Their baby as They couldn't have any Children
All the more reason to include Blue in the festive season May
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
All the more reason to include Blue in the festive season May
Aye,that's true Solo,but I'm afraid this may be Blues last Christmas if He lasts that long,He's lost control of His back-end,Vet gave Him an anti inflammatory injection Yesterday,will see what x ray shows on Thursday,He's 14,I fear the worst.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 04:23 PM

Aye,that's true Solo,but I'm afraid this may be Blues last Christmas if He lasts that long,He's lost control of His back-end,Vet gave Him an anti inflammatory injection Yesterday,will see what x ray shows on Thursday,He's 14,I fear the worst.
A worrying time for them. I hope that all goes well for him and that he knows no pain May
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 04:40 PM

Oh bugger !

I/we lost a number of furry friends over the years and I don't know if it really gets any easier. It becomes more familiar

'Several' might imply irresponsible behaviour or lack of care ... no way ... we always had more than one at a time, plus kittens from our first British Blue
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 04:49 PM

Thanks Lassies..Blue is a yellow/golden Lab' and He has had a few epileptic episodes over the past year or so..guess it's His time as He has lived longer than expected....Aye it's very sad I know as My Own dog Goldie passed away 11 yrs ago..She was 15.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 09:41 PM

No cards given to the critters here, but they are on our card every year.
And they get pressies - mainly treats now.

May, give your Blue a gentle hug from me. It's hard watching them age, and knowing there really isn't that much you can do, other than make them as comfortable as possible.
Hugs to you too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2015, 09:53 PM

I don't know what I will be like when anything happens to my dogs. I honestly, think I will be suicide watch. Isn't it awful to love an animal so much to say that? People who don't own animals wouldn't understand me saying that.
Anyway, for now, I have got lots of their favourite treats for Christmas but no cards!!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top