Join for free
Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:40 PM

Re: Are you organised?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
No catch and no wind-up.
I just remember you had issues with your parking space a while ago.

Off topic I suppose but still mildly interesting to find out.
If you were that mildly interested..you would have followed my thread..then you would know.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
The spread sheet was organised. That was the whole point of making it. All I had to was to tick the appropriate boxes. Seems I can't get that point across you guys.
You are imo,evading the question...how did you organise the spreadsheet?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yep Mups, I'll hold my hands up to that one.....Besoeker is absolutely right....
I'm frightingley organised....Annoyingly organised, in fact this post should be in the 'What annoys you' thread.....

I have a spreadsheet list documenting everything we buy from Tesco.....
Mrs Fox or myself just scribble out the things we don't want each week.
It's even laid out in order of how it is found at the supermarket and even amended when things get moved so you can visit the store and progress round without going back.

We use the hand scanners and place the goods in two specially sized boxes that sit in the trolley, unless we are selected for a check (very rare) things do not come out of the boxes until we are home and unpacking them. Into the boot, and out into the house....

My underwear and socks are rotated each week to facilitate even wear, and the same clothes are worn each day summer or winter.....(changed regularly for washing obviously)
I pack my own luggage when going away, and am responsible for the obsessive tidyness of my wardrobe and drawers.

Like Floydy with his music, so I am with my running, every run I have ever done has a distance, time, and comment going back over forty years.
I also run a parallel bank account on a database and check it regularly with my banks to make sure we are singing from the same sheet, and to see at a glance my incomings and outgoings.

Being an apprentice trained engineer, I never borrow tools, if I need a tool I will buy it.
And I only grudgingly lend tools....
I cook dinner Monday to Friday and prepare menus a week in advance, and dinner is served at six thirty prompt....Unless we eat out....
I could go on, but it's time for lunch.....

Foxy, my dear man, much as I think you're a darling, I think I might have to murder you if I was your missus.

Spreadsheets? Maps of supermarket aisles? Rotating your underpants and socks?

That's scary.

However did you manage to buy anything before we had computers and printers?
What if you felt adventurous and wanted to venture into a supermarket you'd never been in before - without a spreadsheet?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
In short....being organised..."your way"....
My way or otherwise, it made my life as a single dad easier.
That's a positive.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

07-11-2019, 01:57 PM

That's a positive.

I guess it would....most men aren't very good at multi-tasking...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 01:59 PM

For supermarket shopping, I currently use "Out of Milk - Grocery Shopping List" on my mobile phone and PC:

What you can do with Out of Milk:

★ Make multiple shopping lists
★ Save time by grouping and rearranging items into categories
★ Order your categories by aisle
★ Quickly add items to your shopping lists with the app barcode scanner or from history.
★ Displays your shopping lists’ grand and cart total
★ Sync and share your shopping lists with your family and friends
★ Share lists by text or email
★ Access your lists from anywhere on www.outofmilk.com
★ Move or copy items between shopping list and pantry list
★ Pantry list helps inventory your frequently-used items
★ Keep track of all your tasks with To-Do list

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fmilk&hl=en_GB

I've just finished re-colour-coding/categorising Google Calendar, Keep and Gmail - some 200,000 items needed attention .....

My audio/video databases, which were started in the 1990's and have progressed though a dozen or more PCs and an equal number of software packages, now run into millions of entries requiring, it seems, daily updates as both items and information become available.

As for housework ...... only when needs must .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 02:02 PM

That's a positive.

I am finding this hard to take seriously.
You must practically faint if your wife asks you to nip out for a pint of milk unexpectedly.

Single Dad? Thousands of folks are single parents.
How do you think single mothers cope each week?
I am sure they still manage to shop efficiently for their family.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to say your method is wrong. If it works for you, then that's fine.

I just do not agree you did this because you had children or were an engineer.
It sounds more like an obsessive, meticulous compulsion to be in control of even the simplest things.
I don't mean that unkindly, I just think they are excuses rather than the true reason. Sorry.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-11-2019, 02:04 PM

I guess it would....most men aren't very good at multi-tasking...

That's because they are from Mars, Pauline.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 02:09 PM

You are imo,evading the question...how did you organise the spreadsheet?
Your opinion is incorrect. I'm not evading anything.
But, I'll try again.
It was a single spreadsheet. No organising to be done. It listed everything we bought. Not everything we needed that particular week. I simply put a quantity against anything we needed that week. I programmed the spreadsheet to display only those before printing and that's what got printed.

It really was that simple and time saving for a busy dad.
So why all the negativity??
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 02:16 PM

The spread sheet was organised. That was the whole point of making it. All I had to was to tick the appropriate boxes. Seems I can't get that point across you guys.
Why don't you like going out shopping. Seeing real human people etc?

Page 6 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top