Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:27 PM

Re: Lose 5 lbs to save the NHS.

My main problem if I go on a diet is Hunger Pangs, I get weak, dizzy, feel sick and last time I thought I was going to pass out. I was lucky I was at home and managed to get through to the bedroom and lie down.
I don't know how to deal with them other than eat something, and that defeats the purpose. So how do you deal with them to make them stop, because I simply don't know.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
My main problem if I go on a diet is Hunger Pangs, I get weak, dizzy, feel sick and last time I thought I was going to pass out. I was lucky I was at home and managed to get through to the bedroom and lie down.
I don't know how to deal with them other than eat something, and that defeats the purpose. So how do you deal with them to make them stop, because I simply don't know.
Dieting doesn't mean restricting foods Roxy, it means organising a diet that is right for you, taking into account the exercise and work that you do, and how much energy you expend each day. You must still obtain all the nutrition you require to keep your body in good working order. A good balance of carbs, protein and fats, not to mention plenty of roughage, vitamins, minerals and essential acids.

Mrs Fox became slimmer of the year at our local Slimming World when she lost over four stone in so many months. I was surprised to note that she actually ate more than she did before....But the right stuff...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
also;
foreign aid - hs2 - and get off our arses and build our own nuclear power stations - after all.........we invented them!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
You should eat eggs, oatmeal, nuts, apples, sweet potatoes, turkey, bananas, tuna, beans, couscous and other slow burning foods. An apple or yoghurt is usually a good way to head off sugar dips.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 11:34 PM

I once worked with a guy who was on the cabbage soup diet for months. He was very successful at this, but I think in the end someone had a word with him about the stink because he started to have his lunch in the kitchen instead of at his desk.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 06:48 AM

A work colleague once went on the Shadows Diet, he said it was OK but was Fed Up being Hank Marvin.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
A work colleague once went on the Shadows Diet, he said it was OK but was Fed Up being Hank Marvin.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 07:12 AM

I have always struggled with my weight ..I manage to keep my BMI below 25 but its not easy .....why is food so nice and all the really tempting stuff is bad for you
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 07:41 AM

Just done my BMI, 24.2, that was not always the case.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 07:53 AM

Spitty that’s nearly the same as mine .
The doctor said this was ( for me) on the high side of normal .
However this was a year or so ago now with lockdown and magnums goodness only knows what it will be .

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top