Join for free
Page 285 of 370 « First < 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 09:17 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thanks for your concern Mags and Floydy I was probably feeling a bit sorry for myself after the bad run, but bad runs seem to be outnumbering the good runs these days and what is even worse is not being able to identify a reason.

Working on the principle that lightning doesn't strike twice, I set out early for Friday's five. I decided that today the time would be unimportant and adjusted the pace accordingly and managed to complete the run in somewhat better shape than yesterday.

At least I get a rest now before my next run on Sunday so I'll make sure I'm well rested and the energy levels are replenished with some five star fuel on Saturday. Sometimes eating the right kind of food and avoiding the wrong kind can make all the difference to the outcome of a run...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for your concern Mags and Floydy I was probably feeling a bit sorry for myself after the bad run, but bad runs seem to be outnumbering the good runs these days and what is even worse is not being able to identify a reason.

Working on the principle that lightning doesn't strike twice, I set out early for Friday's five. I decided that today the time would be unimportant and adjusted the pace accordingly and managed to complete the run in somewhat better shape than yesterday.

At least I get a rest now before my next run on Sunday so I'll make sure I'm well rested and the energy levels are replenished with some five star fuel on Saturday. Sometimes eating the right kind of food and avoiding the wrong kind can make all the difference to the outcome of a run...
Enjoy your rest tomorrow Bob and I hope you have an enjoyable trouble free run on Sunday.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 02:17 AM

Yes Bob, good thinking mate. I'm pleased that you feel a lot better, obviously you ran five miles yesterday so that's good going.
Good luck for Sunday.

- - - - - - - - -

On another note, this has given me some motivation to do my own run around East Park, one of the best known areas of Hull. Last night I saw a theatre production about the guitarist Mick Ronson whose memorial is situated in the grounds of said park. I do think it's a fitting start and finish point for my run, which I'll be doing early on Monday morning all being well. Maybe earlier.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 03:04 AM

I'm only writing regarding this one subject because I think it matters so:

OGF, heed what your body is telling you.

Please, please, please don't run again until you get your heart checked out.

I doubt that's the problem, but it's not worth the risk.

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I'm only writing regarding this one subject because I think it matters so:

OGF, heed what your body is telling you.

Please, please, please don't run again until you get your heart checked out.

I doubt that's the problem, but it's not worth the risk.

I agree with you!
Get that ticker checked out...heed what your body is telling you, hopefully it will be reassuring and we can all stop worrying

Meanwhile back in ruthioland... I've been walking miles and miles (bought the Omron stepometer so I've got proof!)....around Californian cities, Vegas, San Francisco, Seattle and away up to Vancouver!
Awesome Grand Canyon and Yosemite.
I've been locked up in Alcatraz, freaked out on glass floors high up above, generally having a great time.
And cycling! Six miles around Vancouver's wonderful picturesque Stanley Park.
So you see, I wouldn't want any of you to think I'd been idle lately
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 10:12 AM

Awwww thanks for your concern and input everyone, I can be a bit of a 'Drama Queen' at times and I don't want you guy's worrying....
I've taken on board your advice but at the moment I haven't got time to reply and do it the justice it deserves (busy day Saturday) but I will address your concerns and discuss it in more detail later on.....

Thanks Mags, I'll do my best to lighten the pace in the morning and go out for enjoyment, weather permitting....

Sound like you had a brilliant holiday Ruthio, I would love to have a more active holiday, walking and cycling, but Mrs Fox and the friends that usually accompany us are not very adventurous so we end up sitting in a lot of coffee establishments.

Floydy, sounds like a perfect idea for a run and I can tell that you are looking forward to getting out there as soon as possible and I look forward to reading your report.....

Don't worry Surfermom, there are a couple of reasons why I haven't visited my doctor yet and will explain later, but for now I will keep a close eye on my performance and keep my foot off the gas.....
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 08:14 PM

Today went very well - 772 calories burnt, 88 score out of 100, 1,005 reps in total on all machines. Best news is that I had a go on the leg sled, messing about to see what I could do on it and if it was going to wreck my knees, and my knees are tired but fine. I also used the hip adductor more, so in the morning my legs will be aching but I am more than happy to pay the price. I wish all my sessions were like this.

Stomach Crunch: 120 x 50kg
Back Extension: 120 x 50kg
Tricep Extension: 105 x 30kg, 95 x 35kg
Shoulder Press: 35 x 15kg
Leg Sled: 30 x 50kg, 40 x 70kg, 10 x 80kg
Leg Curl: 40 x 30kg
Leg Extension: 50 x 25kg
Hip Abduction: 120 x 30kg
Hip Adduction: 60 x 25kg
Pec Deck: 135 x 40kg
Chest Press: 15 x 40kg, 30 x 35kg
Pull Down: 40 x 50kg, 15 x 60kg
Low Row: 40 x 40kg

Good luck all, and enjoy your training this weekend.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 08:41 PM

My routine is simple. I walk a lot. Today was an hour up the Roman Ridge and about 40 minutes back down.

A couple of later strolls between showers. That big, active, hairy fellow walks me.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 04:24 AM

Gosh, I love this thread.

Floydy, what a neat way to start your run. I am a big fan of inspiration in whatever form it takes . Have a great outing and let us know how it goes. . Your shoes look comfy, but if you stay with the running, you should consider investing in shoes particular to your physique and running form. It's money well spent.

Ruthio, your workout locations are fabulous. I ran Stanley Park years ago in the spring and it was gorgeous. I think we North Americans could use some videos of your part of the world, but my dream jar is filling up fast to do the real thing - the English Coastal Path, in sections. You should go!

Tachyon, those are a lot of calories burned. Are you losing inches left and right? Yay! You did the sled! It's a good one, isn't it! Floydy swears by it.

OGF, I hope this finds you behaving yourself. We have discussed many times that the greatest act of will a runner has to face is - not to run . Have you ever gone outside in the morning with a cup of coffee or tea and just try to be still? You just might find that it offers another remarkable view of the world - and now you have the perfect excuse to give it a go !

Though the clouds were gathering dark and gray to the west, I decided to race the curtain of downpours heading my way - buy lost. Soaking wet, with the rain inhibiting evaporation, I was entirely too hot, but I sure had fun. Water dripping, shoes splashing, wiping my soaked hair out of my face, the rain lashed at me for the last three of five miles. I look every bit of fifty-something, but for a few delightful minutes, I was transported back to feeling five...

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 06:26 AM

Hi

I am struggling to get fit at the moment.

I have an abbess in my skull which is affecting me and my motor functions.

A legacy of a previous injury.

I was written off 30 years ago, told I would not work or walk again.

Sod that for a game of marbles, I have done both.

It is more difficult now, but I will not be beaten.

Life is hard, but we must all have targets.

I cannot run, leg damage is too bad.

The target for today is 900 yards with a backpack of 20 kilos.

I will do it.

Easy for Floydy and Surfermom, but a challenge for me.

We can all get fitter and enjoy life more.

That is what it is all about.

Page 285 of 370 « First < 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 287 295 335 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top