Join for free
Page 82 of 95 « First < 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 12:43 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

Originally Posted by AliceWonderland ->
57 plus It'll take me ages to read all his books I'm a slow reader.
I did start reading Terry Pratchett many years ago, Alice. I read books all the time.

I am now reading the second book in the Catteni series, Freedom's Choice by Anne McCaffrey. Finished the first book this morning. I also have a great many of her books also. Favourites will always be her Pern books though.
AliceWonderland
United Kingdom
AliceWonderland is female  AliceWonderland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I did start reading Terry Pratchett many years ago, Alice. I read books all the time.

I am now reading the second book in the Catteni series, Freedom's Choice by Anne McCaffrey. Finished the first book this morning. I also have a great many of her books also. Favourites will always be her Pern books though.
I'm almost half way through "The Truth" at the moment
Did you finish reading the second book in the Catteni series ?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 03:21 PM

I'm half way through the latest Mark Billingham's "DI Tom Thorne" paperback "Their Little Secret".
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by AliceWonderland ->
I'm almost half way through "The Truth" at the moment
Did you finish reading the second book in the Catteni series ?
Still reading it, Alice, but nearly finished. Haven't got the third book, thought I had it but can't find it, but I have the fourth & last in the series so will read that one next. I do sort of remember the story anyway.
How are you doing with The Truth?
I did love the Tiffany series, first was Wee Free Men. Those books are about the Discworld witches.
AliceWonderland
United Kingdom
AliceWonderland is female  AliceWonderland has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2020, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Still reading it, Alice, but nearly finished. Haven't got the third book, thought I had it but can't find it, but I have the fourth & last in the series so will read that one next. I do sort of remember the story anyway.
How are you doing with The Truth?
I did love the Tiffany series, first was Wee Free Men. Those books are about the Discworld witches.
I like Tiffany character
“Yes! I’m me! I am careful and logical and I look up things I don’t understand! When I hear people use the wrong words I get edgy! I am good with cheese. I read books fast! I think! And I always have a piece of string! That’s the kind of person I am!” - The Wee Free Men.
I thought about you "I read books fast!"
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 06:05 PM

"From Byfleet to the Bush" - Jacqueline Pearce.

Amazon delivered this used copy of Jacqueline's autobiography today. Her performance as the hapless Alice in Hammer's underated " Plague of the Zombies" made quite an impression after being allowed to stay up for the late night horror film one Saturday night during the early 70's. Brooding stuff!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

14-05-2020, 04:20 PM

I am re-reading the very last book, that Terry Pratchett wrote, about Tiffany Aching, titled The Shepherd's Crown.
I have just finished the book before this one, I shall Wear Midnight.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 06:06 PM

I'm re-reading, "The Secret Scripture" by Sebastian Barry. One of the best books I've read.
The descriptive language is excellent and the story emotive and compelling.

It's written in alternate chapters about a 100year old Irish lady writing about her life and a doctor in the Mental Health facility she has lived in for decades trying to find out her history to decide if she could cope if she had to leave when the hospital is moved to new buildings with not enough room for all the patients.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2020, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I'm half way through the latest Mark Billingham's "DI Tom Thorne" paperback "Their Little Secret".
I like that series, read most of them.

"Their Little Secret" ... is that the latest? don't think I've read it. .... yet.

I used to read a lot, but enjoying TV more nowadays ... those drama series on iPlayer, mostly.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2020, 06:08 PM

Been sorting my cellar out these past few days and came across a pile of books, one of which was, don’t ever tell, by I think Kathy o,brien, she was physically and mentally abused by her father beaten severely, then sent to a school ran by nuns, at seven she was raped by an older boy, and sexually abused by a priest at the school, sent to an asylum for further beatings and sexual abuse, before being sent to the infamous magdalin laundry, they were basically slaves, and treated as such, this was in Ireland in the 1970s, I’ve got to the point where, at fourteen she was raped by a visiting lay preacher and has just given birth to a baby girl, I’ve never been moved by a book so much before it was truly appalling the way they were treated by the people who were supposed to be caring for them, I can only liken the cruelty to the treatment metered out by the Japanese to the pows during the war, it’s all true , shocking, if you can find this book then I urge you to read it,

Page 82 of 95 « First < 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top