Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 10:59 PM

Re: Petrol and diesel car sales ban brought forward to 2035

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Bet she has never ridden a horse though. That would be fun to watch.
I would rather take the horse to lunch.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2020, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would rather take the horse to lunch.
Me too every time
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 04:41 PM

Considering the National Grid live in fear of a big switch-on, such as electric kettles at the end of a nationally broadcasted big football match, what will they do when everyone plugs-in their electric cars upon returning home around 6 to 7pm.
The average kettle is approximately a 3Kw loading, but a car will demand around 12Kw and for much longer than boiling a kettle.
The cable feeds in the road wont take the load and nor will the local transformers, not forgetting the hazard of many charging cables draped across public pavements … this has not been thought through enough to simply announce a petrol & diesel ban date ahead.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Considering the National Grid live in fear of a big switch-on, such as electric kettles at the end of a nationally broadcasted big football match, what will they do when everyone plugs-in their electric cars upon returning home around 6 to 7pm.
The average kettle is approximately a 3Kw loading, but a car will demand around 12Kw and for much longer than boiling a kettle.
The cable feeds in the road wont take the load and nor will the local transformers, not forgetting the hazard of many charging cables draped across public pavements … this has not been thought through enough to simply announce a petrol & diesel ban date ahead.
I agree with all the above LD
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-02-2020, 05:08 PM

Here is a link to a map showing your nearest public charge points. So far, there's a grand total of three in my area, the nearest being a mile away.

https://www.zap-map.com/live/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 05:18 PM

Here is a link to a map showing your nearest public charge points. So far, there's a grand total of three in my area, the nearest being a mile away.

I have a some questions:

1. If you were out for the day, and your car was running out of charge, how much warning to do you get?

2. How long will it take to recharge? I mean, with petrol, you fill up, pay, and go all within a few minutes.
So what about these electric cars?

3. Sometimes there a long queues to use the pumps in our local garages.
If it takes hours to recharge, are there going to be queues into eternity?

4. If there was no charge point for miles, and you conk out, can a breakdown man come and give you a quick zap to get you going again?

Probably no need for me to worry too much anyway, because by the time this comes into force I probably won't be driving anymore . . . . . . (did I just hear Judd and Dongle breath a sigh of relief? )
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 05:21 PM

One & 3 miles away.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 05:34 PM

Just had a frightening thought - imagine electric driverless cars, on smart motorways.

Ooer, and another strange thought - will they ( or do they already), make driverless disability scooters?

It could be very handy for people who use these, to have charging points handy when they are out? They could venture a little further then.
They could go in somewhere for a bit of lunch while charging it, and know they were going to get home again safely.

That's got to be one of my better ideas?

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 05:36 PM

Hi

Irrespective of climate change, the air will be a lot cleaner and easier to breath.

As for the date, just an empty promise by a politician who know they not still be around to take the blame.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2020, 09:38 PM

If it progresses anything like HS2 or Crossrail it will end up costing a hundred times more than the estimate and take fifty years to complete, so not even your kids will need to worry.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top