Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:08 PM

This looks suitably sickly :D

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/08/make-...sers-12526638/
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:48 PM

Re: This looks suitably sickly :D

Have you tried it Judd?

It looks kinda yukky but tempting.
I was thinking of just sticking the Baileys straight in my coffee ...50/50, perhaps dunking a ferrero rocher in it.
Desperate times and all that.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:51 PM

I felt sick just reading 'condensed milk'

Definitely a migraine in the offing for me eating that. Glad it doesn't appeal to me
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:58 PM

Ah condensed milk .... that brings back childhood memories.

Sunday tea was always, and I do mean always .... tinned fruit, usually peaches, with condensed milk poured over it.
Unless it was summer and I used to get sent out to run down the road after Mr Whippy to get a basin of ice cream (I bet all you cheeky fellas wondered who Mr Whippy was for a minute didn't you.)
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I felt sick just reading 'condensed milk'

Definitely a migraine in the offing for me eating that. Glad it doesn't appeal to me
mmmmm condensed milk. I have it with these, very sickly but very yummy too

That Maltesers fudge thing though..wowzers, makes me fat just looking at it
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Sunday tea was always, and I do mean always .... tinned fruit, usually peaches, with condensed milk poured over it.
Unless it was summer and I used to get sent out to run down the road after Mr Whippy to get a basin of ice cream (I bet all you cheeky fellas wondered who Mr Whippy was for a minute didn't you.)
Yes, I remember those days of tinned fruit and Carnation milk, the pouring stuff not the thick gluppy condensed stuff (feel sick again). There was also another cream which I loved. It was in a small tin and was lovely and thick and not too sweet, bit like a yogurt texture. Can't think of the name.

I can't stand Mr Whippy type ice creams. Up this way we were brought up on Sivoris delicious Italian Ice Cream. Been going since 1924. Lovely stuff. I believe they're still going too.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131103_135127.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	12191  
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 09:49 PM

Have you tried it Judd?

It looks kinda yukky but tempting.
I was thinking of just sticking the Baileys straight in my coffee ...50/50, perhaps dunking a ferrero rocher in it.
Desperate times and all that.
No. I've only just come across it today. Besides, I'm on a diet.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

08-04-2020, 09:53 PM

Evaporated milk that was. Condensed milk (Fussel's) is the thick sweetened stuff. Nice on bread.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
No. I've only just come across it today. Besides, I'm on a diet.

That's right Judsy, stay strong.

I recall my ex husband used to like condensed milk. He used to eat it off a spoon straight out the tin.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

08-04-2020, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Evaporated milk that was. Condensed milk (Fussel's) is the thick sweetened stuff. Nice on bread.
Evaporated milk! That's the pouring one I meant.

Still feel queezy at the mention of condensed milk. Methinks I need therapy.

Can anyone think of the small tin one I remember? Thick white not too sweet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top