Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 04:50 PM

Re: Italian sausage subs

Tuscan sausage is probably the best Italian sausage you can buy. It's completely, utterly, droolingly delish.
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Tuscan sausage is probably the best Italian sausage you can buy. It's completely, utterly, droolingly delish.
I will have to keep an eye open for those!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 05:37 PM

** Off topic personal bickering posts have been removed
Matchu
Scarborough
Matchu is male  Matchu has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 09:38 PM

That's a very nice sandwich OP but not a very practical meal in the UK.

1. I can't think of any Italian sausage that I might purchase, I could buy a chorizo? Or a lump of salami maybe but that would be costly. Probably I need a deli. We don't really have delis unless you live inside the M25 region/Chelsea or similar, maybe parts of Cornwall?

2. Do I have to make an entire tomato sauce for a sandwich? Usually that takes two hours, it's like a centrepiece/lifestyle. Sometimes we have ketchup.

3. Also no 'sporting events.'
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 09:55 PM

We have an excellent Italian Deli in York - will telephone and see if they have Tuscan Sausages.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 10:00 PM

Arguing over food ...sits back pulls up a chair and watch the fight begin
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Matchu ->
That's a very nice sandwich OP but not a very practical meal in the UK.

1. I can't think of any Italian sausage that I might purchase, I could buy a chorizo? Or a lump of salami maybe but that would be costly. Probably I need a deli. We don't really have delis unless you live inside the M25 region/Chelsea or similar, maybe parts of Cornwall?

2. Do I have to make an entire tomato sauce for a sandwich? Usually that takes two hours, it's like a centrepiece/lifestyle. Sometimes we have ketchup.

3. Also no 'sporting events.'
Why is it not a practical meal in the UK ? Certainly the UK must have Italian sausage ?

For this sandwich it is not necessary to make a spaghetti sauce. Merely use leftovers. PS: a tomato sauce is not a spaghetti sauce. It contains ONLY tomatoes and NOTHING else. Ketchup ? OMG , NO WAY. Horrible thought.

Chorizo ? salami ? Never ! Sounds horrid

Why no sporting events ? Surely in normal times you must have football (soccer) on TV ?

Please contact me. I'll walk you through the way to make a great Italian sausage sandwich, step by step. PS: see the photo in post # 1 of raw Italian sausage
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Arguing over food ...sits back pulls up a chair and watch the fight begin
Can't beat a good food fight, Basser. You throw the cornflakes, I'll launch the doughnuts!

Then we can all have one of Bakerman's delicious sarnies!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 10:08 PM

We gotta teach these Americans how to speak English ( no offence intended)

bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
We gotta teach these Americans how to speak English ( no offence intended)

Or perhaps the other way around ? No offence intended.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top