Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 01:01 PM

MS Money Comeback?

As my Office 365 annual premium comes up for renewal, they are telling me that there is, included in Excel, an app called "Money For Excel".

This is being rolled out in the USA, right about now, and it says it will be added here (UK) shortly.

Information is minimal, at the moment, but from what there is, in searching "Money In Excel", suggests a similarity with my old favourite "MS Money".

Since my Office 365 app only costs about a fiver a month, (paid yearly on subscription & equates to about a pound a week!)) this all looks good.

I used to buy one of the Office cheapos, once a year on eBay, etc.,, but that became risky & the subs could be lost!

p.s. This is not an advert - I've waited a long time for MS to remember MS Money.

If you're interested, watch this space and I'll fill in when I get the update.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2020, 01:13 PM

Re: MS Money Comeback?

I'm still using MS Money so I'll be interested in a possible replacement .....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2020, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

p.s. This is not an advert - I've waited a long time for MS to remember MS Money.

If you're interested, watch this space and I'll fill in when I get the update.

I am still using M$ Money, it works fine in Windows 10, I don't need a replacement.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.23_15h13m43s_001_About Microsoft Money.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	12330  
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2020, 01:13 PM

"Money In Excel" appears to be now in place - but currently for USA use only.

Apparently, the rest of the world will follow in due course.

You can see what it looks like here:--

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...k_whocanusemie
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 02:44 AM

"Money In Excel" appears to be now in place - but currently for USA use only.

Apparently, the rest of the world will follow in due course.

You can see what it looks like here:--

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...k_whocanusemie
I had a look but it is no incentive for me to get Office 365, I have just bought Office 2016 for my new computer (my old ones will continue with 2010).

As long as my verson of Money continues to work in Win 10 I will stick with that. When it ceases to work I will probably look for an open source home accounting package of which there are several.

If you are interested you can still buy copies of Money on Ebay I only paid a few dollars for my copy years ago.

Interesting article but.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 09:51 AM

Never heard of MS Money - what does it do that Excel cannot?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

05-07-2020, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I had a look but it is no incentive for me to get Office 365, I have just bought Office 2016 for my new computer (my old ones will continue with 2010).

As long as my verson of Money continues to work in Win 10 I will stick with that. When it ceases to work I will probably look for an open source home accounting package of which there are several.

If you are interested you can still buy copies of Money on Ebay I only paid a few dollars for my copy years ago.

Interesting article but.
I used to buy licenses for previous versions of Office.

You can download Office, from MS, and buy a "licence/key " elsewhere.

This went wobbly as many of the licenses up for sale were nicked from Companies which had group packages with multiple licence keys which were sold on by the odd employee.

MS found ways of spotting these and the licences went kaput either during the year or when they were due for installation/renewal.

In the end I installed Office 365, from MS, which cost about 50-60 pounds (annual subscription) and could be installed on multiple computers.

I have 3 systems on 365 now for a total of, about, a pound a week. 365 is kept up to date and will now be the the vehicle for the new Money system.

Seems like a no brainer to me.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

05-07-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Never heard of MS Money - what does it do that Excel cannot?
It's a financial management package, (still can be found to download free) which allows you to maintain your bank transactions , set your budgets, compare with what your bank says & reconcile the two.

I've not met many who don't swear by it.

But it was taken away, years ago, by MS who seem to realise the amount of lost revenue recently.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2020, 11:28 AM

It's a financial management package, (still can be found to download free) which allows you to maintain your bank transactions , set your budgets, compare with what your bank says & reconcile the two.

I've not met many who don't swear by it.

But it was taken away, years ago, by MS who seem to realise the amount of lost revenue recently.
The wife uses quicken and swears by that,probably because there's no reason to switch, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

05-07-2020, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am still using M$ Money, it works fine in Windows 10, I don't need a replacement.

OK whilst there was no revised version of MS Money.

It wouldn't surprise some to see MS take away the ability to use the old version.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top