Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 11:30 AM

Re: flowers

'Superbum' Shasta Daisies.

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Some of my lovely Agapanthus.

Mups these are lovely I have two pots of agapanthus should I put them out yet ( I have been protecting them indoors ) ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 01:08 PM

Hi Muddy, I never bring mine in for the winter, but just bunch the leaves together and tie (like a ponytail) loosely to protect the crown from the worst weather. Then I mulch the surrounding soil with 2-3" of bark chippings. Also bubble wrap the pots.
If prolonged or severe cold, I drop a 'bell dome' or fleece bag over the whole lot.

Have a look at this man's site, Derek Hoyland. He certainly knows his stuff. He has some beauties and explains in depth how to look after them.
He's a show judge for these lovely plants and I have brought quite a few from him in the past. I found him very pleasant and helpful.

https://somethingforthegarden.co.uk/...row-propagate/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top