Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2020, 01:41 PM

Re: I am looking for ...

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You can download free audiobooks in MP3 format for MP3 players (rather than invest in Kindle/Kobo readers) from sites such as this. They come as a `ZIP`file (compressed folder) and need to be extracted before copying to an MP3 player of your choice.

http://www.loyalbooks.com/Top_100
Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
I'd like one for downloading books but alas haven't a clue and very little money, so I'd appreciate any advice given.
How to extract the info from zip files.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ip+audio+files
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 03:08 PM

Thank you but that's rather complicated for this befuddled octogenarian. Many thanks all the same.
PSXtreme
Missouri, United States
PSXtreme is male 

02-05-2020, 04:56 PM

I have an older 160GB iPod Classic. I use it for both audiobooks and for music that can either be listened to when driving or when I go out for my torture sessions...em...err...I mean my walks up and down the road.

Although I have my issues with Apple, as they seem to make things harder than they need be to do the simplest things, this was the largest HDD capacity available when I bought my MP3 player, and it still seems to be at first glance today.

For good or for bad, you use iTunes as your central hub for installing media on the unit, so once you learn how to navigate that program it's all rather simplistic if you don't tax the program too much.

As for headphones, I've always preferred Turtle Beach products (mostly for gaming), albeit they are on the pricey side (but don't you get what you pay for?) but I also use a set of over-the-ear JVC wired headphones for my use when superior sound isn't important.

Both of these were purchased at Walmart over the years. Whether they still stock them, or they are even made today, I have no idea.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 02:03 PM

Why not just use the MP3 player in your phone Tabs?
PSXtreme
Missouri, United States
PSXtreme is male 

03-05-2020, 02:55 PM

BTW: For those interested in Audiobooks...

I use the App from Overdrive. Here in the States we can use it to d/l books from our local libraries (both e-books and audio versions). If you are still running Windows 7, you can use the original Overdrive version. For Windows 10 users, you can use the Libby version.

For others, you can get permanent free versions of books and audiobooks from The Archive website. All the items there have had their copyrights expire so are now in the Public Domain. There are also plenty of other options available besides books. Something perfect to explore in today's stay-at-home era.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top