Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 11:12 AM

Re: Car servicing and MoT

I'd normally fill my tank twice a month (£60) but 25th March was my last filling, and there is still three quarters of a tank still in. I'm missing my long drives out to the coast or mountains and moors....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Ditto. This Qashqai we have now was 3yrs old when we bought it and was just out of manufacturer's warranty so, our neighbourhood garage gets the servicing/MoT work not the main Nissan dealer.
If you keep your cars for a long time (which I tend to do) it doesn't really matter in the end whether you use main dealers or not. What you lose on trade in, you save on servicing and repairs. I am a great believer in leaving well alone. My last car was serviced once in ten years and only visited the garage for brakes and a new battery.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If you keep your cars for a long time (which I tend to do) it doesn't really matter in the end whether you use main dealers or not. What you lose on trade in, you save on servicing and repairs. I am a great believer in leaving well alone. My last car was serviced once in ten years and only visited the garage for brakes and a new battery.
What about the oil and filters Longdogs?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 12:47 PM

Hi

I use my car very little now.

It is Ex Works, so expensive tyres, brake disks and pads

Such is life, well worth paying.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
You must know something about Longdogs that I don't then OGF.

I always get the distinct impression that, when you are in your running shorts, the sight of your legs and knees appear to get some of the ladies on Over50sForum going!

And that's not easy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-05-2020, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
What about the oil and filters Longdogs?
It just burnt it off and I replaced it weekly.

No, it had one oil and filter change in that time and still drove like a dream.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well my car passed, but two advisories.

Two tyres and the brake disks.
Do yourself a favour and don't buy any Chinese made tyre 'cos they're bloody rubbish - I know I had a pair on the Qashqai but soon got rid. (You'll find an impression mark on the tyre near to rim that tells you the country of origin. It has to state something like "Made in England".)
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 03:29 PM

Do yourself a favour and don't buy any Chinese made tyre 'cos they're bloody rubbish - I know I had a pair on the Qashqai but soon got rid. (You'll find an impression mark on the tyre near to rim that tells you the country of origin. It has to state something like "Made in England".)
Hi

My car is Ex Works, full Police Spec.

I am buying proper tyres and discs

They cost a mint, but well worth it.

The engine puts out 226 BHP with huge torque.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2020, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My car is Ex Works, full Police Spec.

I am buying proper tyres and discs

They cost a mint, but well worth it.

The engine puts out 226 BHP with huge torque.
WOWWEEEEEE! Good tyres for ANY car will cost you ££s but are well worth it in the end. Your top speed is over 150mph? You need Z-rated tyres then if memory serves. Those do cost mega £s.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-05-2020, 04:11 PM

WOWWEEEEEE! Good tyres for ANY car will cost you ££s but are well worth it in the end. Your top speed is over 150mph? You need Z-rated tyres then if memory serves. Those do cost mega £s.

Hi

A legacy of my job.

No great shakes, it is worth paying for.

It was serviced to hell and back.

So £800 will keep it going for the next 4 years.

Tyres and disks.

I only do a few K a year, so that is that.

It is as fast as hell, but I never use that, except the odd occasion when an idiot in a BMW pulls up in the outside lane and needs to learn a lesson.

Yes, I do have a warped sense of humour, but it does amuse me.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top