Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 08:27 AM

Just Wait a Couple of Weeks ...

Yesterday's trade talk summary by David Frost has an interesting part to it. Here is the actual text ...

“We very much need a change in EU approach for the next Round beginning on 1 June. In order to facilitate those discussions, we intend to make public all the UK draft legal texts during next week so that the EU’s Member States and interested observers can see our approach in detail.

“The UK will continue to work hard to find an agreement, for as long as there is a constructive process in being, and continues to believe that this is possible.”

By making public, he also means that businesses in the EU can see our legal texts so they can see for themselves the FTA on offer from their second biggest export market in the world.

In a couple of weeks expect EU businesses drumming fingernails on board room tables wondering what on earth Barnier has been doing for so long and screwing up their future trade with such epic and gross incompetence.

Feathers are gonna fly I tell ya !

Teek Tock Teek Tock is Barnier likes to say ...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 10:26 AM

Re: Just Wait a Couple of Weeks ...

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yesterday's trade talk summary by David Frost has an interesting part to it. Here is the actual text ...

“We very much need a change in EU approach for the next Round beginning on 1 June. In order to facilitate those discussions, we intend to make public all the UK draft legal texts during next week so that the EU’s Member States and interested observers can see our approach in detail.

“The UK will continue to work hard to find an agreement, for as long as there is a constructive process in being, and continues to believe that this is possible.”

By making public, he also means that businesses in the EU can see our legal texts so they can see for themselves the FTA on offer from their second biggest export market in the world.

In a couple of weeks expect EU businesses drumming fingernails on board room tables wondering what on earth Barnier has been doing for so long and screwing up their future trade with such epic and gross incompetence.

Feathers are gonna fly I tell ya !

Teek Tock Teek Tock is Barnier likes to say ...

Yes Bread, l read David Frosts report, and l must say he seems to be
staying the course so far, l dont think he has put a foot wrong yet?
As long as our lot keep singing from the same sheet l think we
should get eu to talk sense after all!
Im looking forward to endind all this brexit crap next month!!

Donkeyman! 🙌🙌🙌
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes Bread, l read David Frosts report, and l must say he seems to be
staying the course so far, l dont think he has put a foot wrong yet?
As long as our lot keep singing from the same sheet l think we
should get eu to talk sense after all!
Im looking forward to endind all this brexit crap next month!!

Donkeyman! 🙌🙌🙌
Looks to me like the government decided to leave without any trade deal with the EU when they got their election result. Come June I can see us walking away from the negotiating table because Barnier is just wasting everyone's time and money and effort.

I feel the trade deal will now be decided with Barnier arguing with businesses in the 27 because as far as I can see, so far the talks by Barnier have been only political but now he will be moved aside in favour economics. Businesses will be extremely angry with Barnier when they see what offer Barnier has ignored and instead resorted to political stunts putting millions of businesses at risk because if it.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 01:37 PM

Looks to me like the government decided to leave without any trade deal with the EU when they got their election result. Come June I can see us walking away from the negotiating table because Barnier is just wasting everyone's time and money and effort.

I feel the trade deal will now be decided with Barnier arguing with businesses in the 27 because as far as I can see, so far the talks by Barnier have been only political but now he will be moved aside in favour economics. Businesses will be extremely angry with Barnier when they see what offer Barnier has ignored and instead resorted to political stunts putting millions of businesses at risk because if it.
Can you explain why the british propositions were sent to the EU negotiators under embargo (not to be shared with national governments), while the EU text was fully made public by the EU?
At that moment it was assumed the UK government didn't want to get their proposals get back to british industry and fisheries.

So if frost wants to publish the british texts, what is to prevent the EU to do that for him?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

16-05-2020, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Can you explain why the british propositions were sent to the EU negotiators under embargo (not to be shared with national governments), while the EU text was fully made public by the EU?
At that moment it was assumed the UK government didn't want to get their proposals get back to british industry and fisheries.

So if frost wants to publish the british texts, what is to prevent the EU to do that for him?

Your getting confused by the negotiating position and legal texts.

Fisheries aren't part of the trade deal ... i thought you knew that, they are part of the political declaration. You might want to tell that clown of yours Mr Barnier because he doesn't seem to know either
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 01:44 PM

Your getting confused by the negotiating position and legal texts.

Fisheries aren't part of the trade deal ... i thought you knew that, they are part of the political declaration. You might want to tell that clown of yours Mr Barnier because he doesn't seem to know either

That's not an answer to my question why the british didn't want to know their public what was in their legal texts. I must assume you can't explain it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

16-05-2020, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
That's not an answer to my question why the british didn't want to know their public what was in their legal texts. I must assume you can't explain it.

We wouldnt release draft legal texts anyway because they are drafts, not final, for review etc
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 03:09 PM

I found a very explicit statement on Facebook today, regarding the EU and why we should walk away right now, plus other important changes that should be made to the way this country is run. (I have edited it slightly to correct one or two minor errors.)

For goodness sake wake up Boris!
Stop this charade
They are NOT our friends & partners & they NEVER were! They have sought to destroy the UK from the outset & asset stripped us of most manufacturing & taken over our utilities too. We have given billions more than most & bent down & obeyed the most ridiculous rules & laws... we were almost a vassal state, but for Brexit!

We voted to leave for :
- Our Sovereignty.
- Our fishing waters.
- Our Laws to be supreme and to override the ECJ.
- No more £39 billion to the EU.
- No free movement.

No deal was ever mentioned!
WTO trade only.

- Shut the borders
- NHS for indigenous ppl only.
- Stop benefits for all lazy scroungers, illegal migrants & start deportation of rapists, hate preachers, all known terrorists, murderers & thieves, & ALL their families! We own them nothing!
- Dissolve Blairs Supreme Court Justices.
- Remove Human Rights law.
- Remove Legal Aid for ALL criminals.
- Reinstate the Treason Law, removed by Blair.
- Arrest Blair for war crimes & bring to trial.
- Remove all red tape.
- Postpone 5G until more research.
- Ban all Chinese goods or install high tariffs.
- Reinstate & revitalise our manufacturing & farming (ban all pesticides)
- Plant millions of trees.
- Massively clear out the civil service & remove the House of Lords
- No more BBC! Start again with a new national broadcaster.

I should add that I fully agree with most of this, but to be honest less one or two points.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I found a very explicit statement on Facebook today, regarding the EU and why we should walk away right now, plus other important changes that should be made to the way this country is run. (I have edited it slightly to correct one or two minor errors.)

For goodness sake wake up Boris!
Stop this charade
They are NOT our friends & partners & they NEVER were! They have sought to destroy the UK from the outset & asset stripped us of most manufacturing & taken over our utilities too. We have given billions more than most & bent down & obeyed the most ridiculous rules & laws... we were almost a vassal state, but for Brexit!

We voted to leave for :
- Our Sovereignty.
- Our fishing waters.
- Our Laws to be supreme and to override the ECJ.
- No more £39 billion to the EU.
- No free movement.

No deal was ever mentioned!
WTO trade only.

- Shut the borders
- NHS for indigenous ppl only.
- Stop benefits for all lazy scroungers, illegal migrants & start deportation of rapists, hate preachers, all known terrorists, murderers & thieves, & ALL their families! We own them nothing!
- Dissolve Blairs Supreme Court Justices.
- Remove Human Rights law.
- Remove Legal Aid for ALL criminals.
- Reinstate the Treason Law, removed by Blair.
- Arrest Blair for war crimes & bring to trial.
- Remove all red tape.
- Postpone 5G until more research.
- Ban all Chinese goods or install high tariffs.
- Reinstate & revitalise our manufacturing & farming (ban all pesticides)
- Plant millions of trees.
- Massively clear out the civil service & remove the House of Lords
- No more BBC! Start again with a new national broadcaster.

I should add that I fully agree with most of this, but to be honest less one or two points.
Like you, I agree with most but
1. The UK doesn't have enough room to plant millions of trees. Much of the available acreage is unsuitable for one or more reasons including too much wind, not enough soil to support the root systems, etc.
2. I've always thought the CS is well overstaffed. It wouldn't take much to reduce it by at least 50% in less than a couple of months or so. As for the HoL, replace all the old fools with an elected body of no more than about 300. While we're at it, move the electoral boundaries around and reduce the number of MPs from 650 to around 590 - 600.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Like you, I agree with most but
1. The UK doesn't have enough room to plant millions of trees. Much of the available acreage is unsuitable for one or more reasons including too much wind, not enough soil to support the root systems, etc.
2. I've always thought the CS is well overstaffed. It wouldn't take much to reduce it by at least 50% in less than a couple of months or so. As for the HoL, replace all the old fools with an elected body of no more than about 300. While we're at it, move the electoral boundaries around and reduce the number of MPs from 650 to around 590 - 600.
Yes, I'd go with all of that.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top