Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 08:49 AM

Re: Cryonics - anyone considered it?

The only thing that I put in my freezer is my food!!! - I'm most certainly not getting in there with it !!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
If you think about how life has changed since you knew it, would you want to?
No .....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 11:33 AM

It's a firm no from me as well. They can preserve and utilise any of the bits from me which might be useful to someone else when I am dead, but the thought of the person that is actually me being preserved so that I may be able to return later in time would fill me with dread. I don't think my spirit/soul/essence (or whatever anyone wants to call it) could be preserved anyway and to me the idea is the ultimate in human selfishness and vanity. When my time is up I am quite content and accept wherever I might or might not be going. I leave my children and their children to stay behind and like me they started off in the world from "brand new". That's the only way I think it should be - each individual should start off from new and live in the special period that is their time.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
When my time is up I'll be happy to go (But not yet I hope).
Me too. no way would I want to come back again!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 01:09 PM

No, most definitely not.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 09:38 PM

OOOOOOoooooo, If I could come back the same age as Johnny Depp!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 10:35 PM

No thanks be glad to leave this world anyway.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 11:07 PM

What! drag me out of heaven and shove me back into this dump to go through it all again with folks I don't even know, not on your Nellie.
Mags you make it a condition that you get a new back and a warm pair of feet before you sign up.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
What! drag me out of heaven and shove me back into this dump to go through it all again with folks I don't even know, not on your Nellie.
Mags you make it a condition that you get a new back and a warm pair of feet before you sign up.
That's a good idea Jem, if the situation occurs I'll remember that!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 12:19 AM

I am surprised more people are not interested

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
OOOOOOoooooo, If I could come back the same age as Johnny Depp!
Originally Posted by Jem ->
That's one of the appealing things about it - that if the technology and science has reached to such a stage to reanimate people, that ageing will also be mastered and you'll be able to have a youthful, healthy body. No more back pain Mags!

Imagine going a step further and not just unravelling genetics to fix ailments, but enhance too - anyone want 100 times the memory capacity they have now?

Wonder what amazing things will be uncovered in time...

Me personally, if I could afford it, I'd seriously consider it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top