Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 10:18 AM

Re: Cryonics - anyone considered it?

There will be amazing wonders to come Azz but - the 'world' needs to sort itself out for all the wonders to be fully appreciated .... that aint gonna happen .... Sad but true ...
As fer yer feet Mags - we could do a swap ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 10:39 AM

That's all well and good Azz, but that's only the body, we don't know yet how the human mind will cope with all this, will we not need extra storage in the brain to hold all the new information that'll be around when we come back? or will we do as we always have done- forget huge chunks of the past, including skills, to make the space for the new stuff, erasing if you like.
I think what is boils down to and why so many wouldn't go for it is we are just plain scared, until a lot more is known about it.
I read recently that in 10 years they will be able to transplant a human head onto another body, they have already tried it with a monkey in 2003, he lived for a few hours and could hear and see but the spinal connections were not right and he couldn't move. Maybe if they transplanted an old head onto a young body, then interviewed the head/body on the Graham Norton Show, alongside Johnny Depp and asked it what's it's like more people might go for it.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 10:56 AM

I agree with Pats - the world is too unsteady in its aims and goals and I have a horrible feeling it will end up like the worst horror film with everyone scavenging for food (except those in charge of course).

I am still convinced that this is pergatory so who would want to come back to it once your sentence is up!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 10:07 PM

Anyone watch Futurama?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top