Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2013, 03:56 PM

The joys of being ordinary.

I't nice to be an ordinary Joe Soap.
Isn't it great not to be famous, just think of all the advantages you have, the most important I think is privacy. Another one is not always having to appear with a perpetual stupid smile on your face, having to go all over the place in all weathers to promote your latest efforts, answer silly questions like "What's your favourite toothpaste?". Sometimes while making a film you have to work with people you hate and probably have to kiss someone you find repulsive, take orders from a director you know is an idiot. Having to go out always immaculately dressed and perfectly groomed, always keeping an eye out for the unauthorised photograph and the ever present danger that some maniac might shoot you to get their name known. Is that girl who says she loves you only after your money?, how do I find someone who loves the real me?. Is it worth it?, not for me it's not.
I turned down fame and fortune when I was 18, I was 'Discovered' in a Limerick pub doing my act for fun, playing the tin whistle through my right nostral while dancing a sailors reel, I was smoking a lighted clay pipe as well. An American film producer working for Walt Disney wanted to sign me up and sweep me off to Hollywood. I turned him down and have never regretted it since, in fact I consider myself lucky to have made the right decision at the time.
Any ever try to 'Discover' you?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2013, 04:11 PM

Re: The joys of being ordinary.

Love the story Jem and agree 100 per cent ... I dont think it bothers some of them, they never smile anyway and have ya noticed the models today, no smile to give, they look darn right miserable, not enough food I guess..
Yes twice, I could have had a go at the fame lark, I'm glad now it didn't work out, I know I couldn't have coped with the idiots around me.
So - you're right, we have the simple life and its better for us ...
You - had a lucky escape .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2013, 04:26 PM

I turned down fame and fortune when I was 18, I was 'Discovered' in a Limerick pub doing my act for fun, playing the tin whistle through my right nostral while dancing a sailors reel, I was smoking a lighted clay pipe as well.
Jem I never know if this is one of your stories like the infamous tree

I am sure you would have been a great success in America but I doubt you would have met anyone there to compare with your lovely wife

No talents here waiting to be discovered though I was offered jobs in South Africa, Italy and I had a tempting offer from Mexican Millionaire
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2013, 04:31 PM

When you think of it, we have more freedom than any celebrity has, I think that's worth more than fame, it's a blessing in itself, think I'll pop off to the pub now, I'd murder a pint of the black stuff, here's to freedom!

Meg that's as true as the pope is a protestant.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2013, 04:31 PM

Oooo Meg - a Mexican ..... did he have a tash
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2013, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Oooo Meg - a Mexican ..... did he have a tash
...yes Pats and he was tiny , about 5ft tall
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-07-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
When you think of it, we have more freedom than any celebrity has, I think that's worth more than fame, it's a blessing in itself, think I'll pop off to the pub now, I'd murder a pint of the black stuff, here's to freedom!

Meg that's as true as the pope is a protestant.:lol:
Which bit Jem
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

03-07-2013, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...yes Pats and he was tiny , about 5ft tall
Perfick ......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-07-2013, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Perfick ......
what for Pats ..
I was going to work for him not marry him
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

03-07-2013, 06:38 PM

..... Naughty Meg .....
I know there was only 'one man' for you, same as Pats ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top