Join for free
poppy
lincolnshire
poppy is female  poppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 07:55 AM

daughters and son in laws

my daughter and son in law plus 5 sm kids have moved to raf brize norton . 176 miles awy . in the raf housing . PREFABS . houses . she has a lovely morgaged house here at home . I SAID dont go you wont like it . COS she went to raf waddington housing for 5 months and didnt like it 2 years ago . i said let the kids stay at their schools at home and daughter stay and HUBBY will just have to get home on his days off . BUT oh no im just stupid what do i know . i said you are better to be HAPPY and SEE LESS of each other . than be together all the time and be misrable .
ANYHOW they have gone to brize norton to live and they HATE it . SO i know its naughty but i have a smug smile on my face thinking I TOLD YOU SO lol .
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 08:26 AM

Re: daughters and son in laws

Sounds like they still have their home, which they can move back to.
It's something they had to try, and at least they know now, but if they hadn't they might have always wondered if it would work.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 08:51 AM

I'm surprised they don't like it, my cousin and his wife loved Brise Norton posting, the one they weren't keen on was Borden in Hampshire but I think the housing there has been fixed since as when we last passed it they had scaffolding up so hopefully have fixed the leaky roofs.

I always think they are all quite brave just moving as they do but at least your daughter and huasband have a home to come back to, my cousin went into the army before he had a civvie place and when he came out 27 years later they had to start again and find a house etc which was quite stressful.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 09:06 AM

Well wipe the smile off and don't be so rotten. would say though 176 miles is hardly the other end of the earth and I drive that fairly often, once a month to Yatton, usually takes me 3hrs (though have done it in 2 3/4hrs), that's with a couple of short breaks for dog to have a wee, does cost me about £80 though so maybe that was a factor, but don't think I would have uprooted kids like that. Friend does it by train takes him 4 hrs, costs him £50 with Senior Citizens Rail Pass.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 11:36 AM

When I was younger I moved my kids 70 miles from my family for a new life. It took time but we settled in and I am still here for over twenty eight years.
My eldest Son has emigrated from Manchester to France. My DIL doesn't like it and cant speak French but you have to hope the best for them.
I at least have somewhere to go for my holidays and with good old Skype
can speak to my Grandkids whenever I want.
My gist on this is you have to try something first to find out if its good or bad. I am a adventurer and unlike one of my brothers who has lived in the same house since he got married 47 years ago, I have had lots of houses in that time. It would have driven me mad staying in the same place all of my life.
poppy
lincolnshire
poppy is female  poppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2013, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by valice ->
Sounds like they still have their home, which they can move back to.
It's something they had to try, and at least they know now, but if they hadn't they might have always wondered if it would work.
hi they h ave decided to sell their house as they cant afford raf housing plus their morgage . and if the rent it out its classed as an
income so they will loose their tax credit . i shall miss all 5 kids as they only lived around the corner , BUT i shall visit on my days off from work . every few months .
poppy
lincolnshire

06-07-2013, 10:55 AM

i know its not too far to drive but i still prefered them around the corner so i could just pop in and out . but nevermind i shall have to go for a visit instead . my daughter said you could rent a flat near her . but i cant yet cos im still working . plus i have my own house here what is bought and payed for . life changes im afraid .
poppy
lincolnshire

06-07-2013, 10:58 AM

they gonna sell their house now . cos they cant afford raf housing and their morgage . so when he leaves they will have to start from scratch .
poppy
lincolnshire

06-07-2013, 11:00 AM

yep it all costs money . i shall visit now and then . thats all i can do . it was a lot easier when they lived around the corner . but life changes im afraid

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top