Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 11:42 AM

Fashion Week

Are you, or have you been a follower of fashion?

Would these outfits inspire you to get the cheque book out:

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/coutur...115428331.html

Next question: are fashion designers not of this planet ...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 11:51 AM

Re: Fashion Week

No I am not a follower of fashion I can't afford to be.
Clothes are way down my list of priorities and I have my own style wearing the same clothes I have worn for years , natural fibers/ long skirts/flat shoes only.

Next question: are fashion designers not of this planet ...
A bit I guess though I think they are supposedly interpreting latest trends rather than designing for the woman in the street.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 12:00 PM

I am only a follower of fashion in so much as I have my own fashion and have been a happy hippy for many years. Make most of my own clothes and never see anyone dressed even remotely in the same style (unless I pop down to Glastonbury Lol )
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 12:52 PM

Fashion - there was only 'one' that was 1st class and that was Mary Quant.. Fabulous ! Still love 60s fashion - just too short now ....
Have to say tho' did like the 40s fashion too ....
Today - wouldn't give ya tuppence for any of it
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 04:24 PM

Was never 'fashion conscious' - I dressed to be comfortable not a tailor's dummy.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 06:39 PM

Never worried about fashion. I'm a tops and skirts or trousers person.
Looking at the link, I don't think you'd ever see anyone in Tesco doing their weekly shop in any of those outfits.
They are for celebs (most of whom haven't got a brain) and don't realise what idiots they look.
We all know they have been taken for a ride.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Fashion - there was only 'one' that was 1st class and that was Mary Quant.. Fabulous ! Still love 60s fashion - just too short now ....
Have to say tho' did like the 40s fashion too ....
Today - wouldn't give ya tuppence for any of it
Barbara Hulanicki was pretty good as I recall - My ex-wife used to drag me down to Kensington High Street to Biba whenever she had any spare cash back in the '60's.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 09:53 PM

Still a hippy chick (apart from the Steampunk stuff)
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2013, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Barbara Hulanicki was pretty good as I recall - My ex-wife used to drag me down to Kensington High Street to Biba whenever she had any spare cash back in the '60's.
At last, someone else who remembers the wonder that was BIBA.
Originally the very posh DERRY & TOMS, the roof garden was a must to see, covering 1.5 acres.
THe Rainbow room was to die for.

AAah memories of the sixties, all that stuff about if you can remember it you werent there is tosh. Or was it the other way round.. The sixties I mean , not tosh.

I have a marvellous coffee table book which captures The mood of the sixties. with exclusive pics by DAVID BAILEY, Everyone who was anyone is in there, .Brigitte Bardot, Twiggy, Peter Blake, Michael Caine, Julie Christie, Cathrine Deneuve, Julie Driscoll, Marianne Faithfull, Mia Farrow, Andy Warhol, and many others.
The last copy I saw was priced at £250
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
How could I forget 'Biba' ... Even Hubbs is aware of Biba, as some of my clothes were from there ....
I wonder if the inspiration came from Quant .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top