Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 02:58 PM

I was just thinking

Took the dog out earlier on and met up with a woman, I've known her a number of years, and as soon as she opened her mouth it was moan about this,moan about that and I felt like saying to her "Shut up moaning, you've got your health and enough money to eat and heat, what have you got to moan about really. I'd been talking via internet to my friend in Aus. whose fighting colon cancer after surgery was found to not have rid him of it all, was put on aggressive course of Chemo, he'd just got the all clear after having prostate cancer. He is disabled due to an accident 17 yrs ago and in severe pain and now this, he can only walk with the aid of a frame yet he goes to the gym twice a week, says it keeps him mobile, he helps with the housework and he's a chef so he cooks too (eeks their pension out) cos his food is in demand. The reason I'm telling you (well anyone who's reading it) is that he emails me 365 days a year and has done for 5 yrs with jokes and a chat and laugh about the old days (knew him when I was 14) his sense of humour has never left him, He was just starting his long road about this time last year and we didn't expect him to still be with us now,but thank God he is. Isn't it funny how people view their lives differently.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 03:00 PM

Re: I was just thinking

Originally Posted by hazel ->
Took the dog out earlier on and met up with a woman, I've known her a number of years, and as soon as she opened her mouth it was moan about this,moan about that and I felt like saying to her "Shut up moaning, you've got your health and enough money to eat and heat, what have you got to moan about really. I'd been talking via internet to my friend in Aus. whose fighting colon cancer after surgery was found to not have rid him of it all, was put on aggressive course of Chemo, he'd just got the all clear after having prostate cancer. He is disabled due to an accident 17 yrs ago and in severe pain and now this, he can only walk with the aid of a frame yet he goes to the gym twice a week, says it keeps him mobile, he helps with the housework and he's a chef so he cooks too (eeks their pension out) cos his food is in demand. The reason I'm telling you (well anyone who's reading it) is that he emails me 365 days a year and has done for 5 yrs with jokes and a chat and laugh about the old days (knew him when I was 14) his sense of humour has never left him, He was just starting his long road about this time last year and we didn't expect him to still be with us now,but thank God he is. Isn't it funny how people view their lives differently.
I know the woman Hazel, she gets on our bus in the morning, just never stops moaning, quite sad really.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 03:02 PM

I was just thinking ........ Steady Hazel that's dangerous!!!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 03:04 PM

That certainly puts things into perspective Hazel. Be thankful for what we have and stop whingeing about things we don't have.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 03:17 PM

I agree Hazel it is fascinating .... In my case I 'could' easily go under - its that thought that keeps me afloat - this forum is a big help tho' .....
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I was just thinking ........ Steady Hazel that's dangerous!!!
Gerroff to wature suppose tobe doin an mine yer own bisniss.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

05-07-2013, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I agree Hazel it is fascinating .... In my case I 'could' easily go under - its that thought that keeps me afloat - this forum is a big help tho' .....
People say the friends you make on the internet aren't real friends, but they can be, can be a comfort, cheer you up and make you laugh or argue with you and get your dander up. Beats sitting waiting for the grim reaper,once your dead you can't come back.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 05:18 PM

It has been of benefit to me ... Looked at a couple of other sites, you have to sign up first - not a patch on this one, for me. They dont have the 'characters' like what we have here for a start, hard to find they are.
Robert said I had notched up a good few posts on here, hadn't noticed how many, 'cos I'm mainly stuck at home - so I would do
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 05:30 PM

We got a few moaning minnies in our neighbourhood too Hazel, the same people should be grateful they have their health, some people dont know when they are well off.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2013, 05:59 PM

I agree, some people don't know when they are well off and still moan.
I have a friend with breast cancer who I have tried to help and support but it made me feel ill which is something I am not often but didn't moan about it but others in her family had to take her on as I really couldn't do it anymore with all the other things happening in my life.
I have another friend whose life has been filled with bad things you could write a book about how sad it has been. If anyone moans to me nowadays I always say, well you are still here and telling the tail and if they don't like it I don't bother with them anymore.
The following is a true list that has happened to my true friend of nearly 40 years.
Her Mum died when she was 14
Her Husband left her for the babysitter.
Her Dad died falling down some steps.
Her husband divorced her and her new partner died of Asbestos

Her youngest son died a day after her birthday by falling off a
bridge .
Her eldest sons baby, her first Grandchild was born with half a face
and died at 3 weeks old.
She found out she had cancer then months afterwards
her partner of 18 years find out he had cancer.
Then to top it all her nephew was murdered

I don't take any moaning from anyone nowadays, plus I don't moan if I can help it, as nothing can compare to my poor, poor, lovely friends heavy responsibility in life. And how she can be still be a lovely person and tries to be happy I do not know.
I bleed for her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top