Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 07:25 PM

Revenge...

Getting your own back…

Would you go out of your way to get your own back..

Have you ever been hurt, deceived… left fuming, wishing/hoping they get their comeuppance.

Years ago I was engaged, after an argument I had enough and ended it… a week later my ex had now taken up with my best friend… Who I wanted to batter, more out of reputation.

But I decided to be cool about it, and pretend it didn’t bother me ( But inside I was evil )… I’ll say we remained friends, but we weren’t, we avoided each other. Theres were a quick romance…. I heard they were getting married, and were having a big bash.

I received a letter from my ex, about a week before her wedding.. Declaring her love for me, how she missed me… and only tried to make me jealous… begging me to take back, as she didn’t love the other guy, never did....she didn’t want marry him, she only wanted to marry me.

All I had to say was yes and she would drop the other guy immediately.

I didn't want her back... but inside I was still hurt... So I showed the letter to our friends, and gave the letter to the best man to be to give to the would be groom

Well my ex's mother called me everything, my ex never to speak to me agian.... the Groom said nothing..

They still got got married, didn't last long.... Looking back it wasn't one of my better moments.... but in my defence I were only 19...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 07:56 PM

Re: Revenge...

You had a narrow escape.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
You had a narrow escape.
Yes you did, Marciniak, because if you had taken her back you could never have trusted her again & I agree with what you did. Serves her right.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 08:42 PM

And your best mate, the groom .... still married her? Twit.

He was setting himself up to be hurt too.
Not only did you do the right thing I think you were very restrained. It must have hurt.

I'm not even sure it could be called 'revenge ' ... more uncovering a deception and a lie.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2020, 09:32 PM

Thank God those days are gone, whatever happens from here on in, will have been inevitable anyway.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

27-07-2020, 08:44 AM

I just ignore people who have upset me badly.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I just ignore people who have upset me badly.
I do the same, haven't spoken to my next door neighbours for ages. I can bear a grudge for years. If he'd apologised I'd have forgiven him, but he hasn't.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 10:19 AM

Hi

Revenge on a personal level is not for me.

Hurt my kids and I will be your worst nightmare.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Getting your own back…

Would you go out of your way to get your own back..

Have you ever been hurt, deceived… left fuming, wishing/hoping they get their comeuppance.

Years ago I was engaged, after an argument I had enough and ended it… a week later my ex had now taken up with my best friend… Who I wanted to batter, more out of reputation.

But I decided to be cool about it, and pretend it didn’t bother me ( But inside I was evil )… I’ll say we remained friends, but we weren’t, we avoided each other. Theres were a quick romance…. I heard they were getting married, and were having a big bash.

I received a letter from my ex, about a week before her wedding.. Declaring her love for me, how she missed me… and only tried to make me jealous… begging me to take back, as she didn’t love the other guy, never did....she didn’t want marry him, she only wanted to marry me.

All I had to say was yes and she would drop the other guy immediately.

I didn't want her back... but inside I was still hurt... So I showed the letter to our friends, and gave the letter to the best man to be to give to the would be groom

Well my ex's mother called me everything, my ex never to speak to me agian.... the Groom said nothing..

They still got got married, didn't last long.... Looking back it wasn't one of my better moments.... but in my defence I were only 19...
You dodged a silver bullet. Sounds like she was a game player. You're lucky to be rid of her. You did right !
Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 12:14 PM

Ahhh yes sweet memories, Revenge..
I waited and the opportunity arose when he (neighbour) left his car door unlocked..overnight..halfway parked in front of my garage...So a pair of very small Miss Kitty pink knickers 12 to 15 year old size was placed under his front passenger seat, in anticipation of his equally fat horrendous wife finding it.

The only downsize of this deed was that I wasn’t a pine tree air freshener in his heap of car and witness to the find.

Disclaimer 1
I am not that petty that inconsiderate parking should result in such action but they were the neighbours from hell.

Disclaimer 2
I am not a collector of Miss Kitty underwear, but I did have granddaughters who slept over (honest)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top