Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 09:19 PM

Re: Debit Card or Cash

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm a bit old fashioned in that I assume everyone's on the fiddle and prefers cash.

Cash for the cleaning lady, anyone doing jobs like plumber, decorator, window cleaner, car mechanic ...

Sometimes I've got cash needs laundering, so I throw wads at the car salesman ...

I've got plastic too
When I worked as a plumber, I obviously accepted cash but still declared it. It wasn't worth the hassle of fiddling it tbh but it was a good way of having cash in your pocket.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 09:21 PM

I am not saying Sue is tight with money but Sue's purse is tighter than Fort Knox, so I have absolutely no chance of breaking in.
If I remember correctly, the last time it was opened Egyptian moths flew out to see the sun.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2020, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I pay in kind.
Don't tell me you sell your body
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 06:24 AM

I am a debit or credit card user. I do carry cash but rarely use it, I draw out $200 from the hole in the wall to keep in my wallet but it lasts me weeks (probably a month at least)

Paywave is brilliant just wave your card at a terminal for up to $100, over that just enter a PIN. Easy as...

I do use cash for things under $5 but the majority of my shopping is using a card.

My kids use their card for everything, even small purchases at places like Subway or Bakers Delight, I doubt they carry cash.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I pay in kind.
You would!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2020, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Don't tell me you sell your body
You've heard that rumour as well then?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

08-02-2020, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Cash, I take out a set amount and budget like that.
Me too!

I only use my debit card for online purchases - Crafty Stuff etc., and then only with companies I trust.

Don't own a credit card.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 10:36 AM

I would never use my debit card online, credit card only.

Day to day I try to use cash as much as possible these days since they have been talking about doing away with it Like libraries, use it or lose it! I really do not like being pressured or manipulated into doing something Ditto online banking, I did it when we were working, refuse to do it now, and nobody is going to force me into it.

I had big problems with contactless when it first came out so I refuse to use it. They can also be cloned very easily.

Quite a few bars and places in London especially won't take cash. Can see where they are coming from as it is safer for them, no more carrying large amounts of cash to deposit in the nearest bank which could be miles away! Plus if they have notices in the window, no cash here, then there would be no point in someone breaking in to raid the till!
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 10:51 PM

About the only time I use cash is to buy illegal drugs. Most of the dope dealers won't take a card.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top