Join for free
Page 8 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 08:17 PM

Re: Abolition of Cash

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Such a cynic...
Yes, perhaps but that's also cynicism learned from hard experience!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 08:22 PM

Hi

I enjoy my car boots, markets etc.

Life would not be the same without cash.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, perhaps but that's also cynicism learned from hard experience!
Our 50th Anniversary next month, I am still bloody bewildered by it all, marriage that is..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 10:51 PM

Our 50th Anniversary next month, I am still bloody bewildered by it all, marriage that is..

I hope you are going to sweep your lady off her feet all over again, and whisk her away somewhere hugely romantic, Vlad?

Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I hope you are going to sweep your lady off her feet all over again, and whisk her away somewhere hugely romantic, Vlad?

There were plans for a short cruise on the Med but Covid has put paid to that, so it looks like a tent on the back lawn will have to do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2020, 11:05 PM

There were plans for a short cruise on the Med but Covid has put paid to that, so it looks like a tent on the back lawn will have to do.

I can see why she loves you.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 07:36 AM

Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 07:58 AM

Before lockdown I would mostly use cash or my debit card, but tried to use cash as much as possible in a "use it or lose it" kind of way, a bit like the local library..!
I also absolutely refuse to be pressurised into doing online banking. Nor will I do anything financial on my phone, I don't even have my usual email address on it. A lot of people seem to be very blasé about using their phone for everything, what if they lost their phone? Did they write all their contacts' numbers etc down? Maybe I am just ultra cautious...
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 08:37 AM

I am also a cash person. Because of the present situation, I tried to set up an online account as I had some cheques to pay in. It seems I messed it up, so in the end much against my will I had to go to the bank to do it.
Well protected with mask and sanitizer, it was so much easier than I thought it would be. P.S. I went there on one of my bikes.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Before lockdown I would mostly use cash or my debit card, but tried to use cash as much as possible in a "use it or lose it" kind of way, a bit like the local library..!
I also absolutely refuse to be pressurised into doing online banking. Nor will I do anything financial on my phone, I don't even have my usual email address on it. A lot of people seem to be very blasé about using their phone for everything, what if they lost their phone? Did they write all their contacts' numbers etc down? Maybe I am just ultra cautious...
You do right Glanny....
Although I do internet banking, I still use cash wherever possible.
I use the internet to pay off Mrs Foxes credit card each month because she has been unable to go into town. She gives me the cash and I use that for the odd tank of diesel or a meal out.

Page 8 of 16 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top