Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:24 PM

Ping-demic

Creating more chaos and confusion.

People living next door to someone self isolating have been contacted, the app registering close contact with a covid positive individual.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:38 PM

Re: Ping-demic

Hunker down and keep safe Cinderella
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:08 PM

My mobile does not do 'smart', the app is causing serious problems in UK.

Monday 19th was promised as the date restrictions would be lifted but I shall carry on the same. Wear mask, try distancing from others, and use hand sanitizer in shops.

520,000 were 'pinged' by Test and Trace app last week resulting in firms having severe staff shortages.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
My mobile does not do 'smart', the app is causing serious problems in UK.

Monday 19th was promised as the date restrictions would be lifted but I shall carry on the same. Wear mask, try distancing from others, and use hand sanitizer in shops.
That's if the shops continue to have sanitiser stations. Wouldn't be surprised if some drop this if they 'don't have to'.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
That's if the shops continue to have sanitiser stations. Wouldn't be surprised if some drop this if they 'don't have to'.
I carry my own!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

17-07-2021, 08:25 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...VID-PATON.html

He says 'false positives' on app causing UK pingdemic.

Earlier this week, Richard Walker, the boss of frozen food chain Iceland, wrote of how he had to close stores – something he hadn't done even at the height of the pandemic – because so many staff had been pinged by the app.

In understandably Anglo-Saxon language, he labelled it a 's*** show for business'. And he's right.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I carry my own!
So do I Tabby! And always use my own because I can't bear some of the sanitisers that leave your hands feeling sticky
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 12:37 PM

So do I Tabby! And always use my own because I can't bear some of the sanitisers that leave your hands feeling sticky
Or smell like Pina Colada!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 11:25 AM

More than 600,000 people told to self-isolate by NHS Covid-19 app in the week between 8 and 15 July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57929162

Data shows 618,903 alerts were sent - a 17% rise from the previous week.

However some fully-vaccinated key workers will be exempt from self-isolating if they are pinged by the app as a close contact of a positive case.

Business secretary Kwasi Kwarteng told the BBC a “very narrow” list of jobs would be released today.

Self-isolation for all fully-vaccinated people pinged by the app as close contacts is due to be scrapped by 16 August, he added.

The app alert is advisory only and not enforceable by law, unlike a phone call from the Test and Trace team.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57924264

Supermarkets have warned the rising number of retail workers being forced to self-isolate is beginning to affect the availability of some products.

The Co-op said it was "running low on some products", whilst Iceland said the rising number of retail workers affected risks shutting shops.

Supermarkets, and other sectors including hospitality and transport have said growing numbers of staff have been "pinged" by the NHS Covid-19 App which means they have to self-isolate for 10 days. Some companies have reduced opening hours to cope with the staff shortages or shut parts of the business.

Firms want people who have been double vaccinated or have daily tests to be able to return to work.
Another fine mess in the offing .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 11:29 AM

Half the shops round here don't even bother filling theirs back up. I have carried my own since last year as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top