Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:41 PM

Re: Animals and their uses

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I say what I think, if others don't like what I say they don't have to read my posts.
Correct. Your thoughts are your thoughts, your reasons are your reasons, and your motives are your motives.

As for my husband, I don't have a problem with putting him in a home if I can't cope anymore, I have been looking after him for 15 years. I know for a fact he would never have attempted to care for me if I was in his position, I would have been in a home from day 1.
It's an interesting take on how you and you husband seem to view each other as viable commodities and how, once either of you become no longer of sufficient use, then it's time to ship the other out.

Perhaps sensible. It does seem to fly in the face of what many might hope in that humans also have an altruistic bent. This is directly relevant to the thread topic in how one views the value of other species not only for purely utilitarian uses, but (as others argue) for their intrinsic properties as Lives that Matter.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 06:53 PM

Monkeypuzzle every thread you start is designed to get a strong reaction, so I do often follow your instruction to ignore your posts. It is a shame because I believe you are an intelligent person who could add some interesting comments, if you weren't always trying to irritate people.

Just remember if everybody starts to ignore your posts, and it has happened to others before you, then you may have to return to one of the other forums, that you don't like as much as this one, Not much point in arguing with yourself, is there?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:04 PM

Wise words Twink
It’s sort of sad really this desire for attention .
Because attention is what is wanted here .
And it’s self defeating because although a first this may be mildly amusing it soon becomes tedious
And when people get tedious they get ignored
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Just remember if everybody starts to ignore your posts, and it has happened to others before you, then you may have to return to one of the other forums, that you don't like as much as this one, Not much point in arguing with yourself, is there?
.. so that's why so few ever reply to me.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:17 PM

Monkeypuzzles a women?
Oh.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
.. so that's why so few ever reply to me.
Hey! That was MY line!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

01-08-2020, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Very well explained - I agree with all of this!
Thank you.
Animals have been used for benefit of humans since we climbed out of the primeval swamp.

Dogs are no more special than any other animal, but can be quite useful. I believe they eat them in China, I have no problem with that as long as they are killed as humanely as it is possible to do so.
Yes they are and yes they do.
Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
All animals - including Homo Sapiens - are special in their own way.
Agree!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:26 PM

China does not kill anything humanely .
The gene for kindness to animals is sadly lacking in the Chinese mentality .
They don’t even treat people humanely there much less animals.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Monkeypuzzles a women?
Oh.
Is he?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Is he?
Well, monkeypuzzle does refer to a long term husband and children, from which one could reasonably deduce...

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top