Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 11:15 PM

Re: 7 continents 1planet

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well the scientists seem to be pretty worried

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...suffering.html
It would appear that the media, especially the BBC are showing us events that are being alleged, a result of climate change when they are clearly not Muddy.
Don't you think that it's just a little bit suspicious?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 11:49 PM

Thin edge of the wedge, I gather that some idiot in the Labour Party wants to criminalise meat eating.. so why not population control?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It would appear that the media, especially the BBC are showing us events that are being alleged, a result of climate change when they are clearly not Muddy.
Don't you think that it's just a little bit suspicious?
Ahhh, the Beeb...the shadow government
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 02:09 AM

It’s not just the BBC it’s scientists all over the world .

We are at a tipping point in climate change .

It’s probably too late but drastic steps have to be taken .

Number one is to stop the destruction of the rain forest - the lungs of the world .
It’s nothing to do natural changes MAN has and is systematically destroying the rainforest which has a drastic effect on world climate .

Head in the sand mentality may be comforting and is ok for oldies we have lived our lives but a limited time left on this planet .

It’s is for the future of humanity and life on this planet ,
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 11:36 AM

Number one is to stop the destruction of the rain forest - the lungs of the world .
It’s nothing to do natural changes MAN has and is systematically destroying the rainforest which has a drastic effect on world climate .

Head in the sand mentality may be comforting and is ok for oldies we have lived our lives but a limited time left on this planet .

Once again you have taken up the batten offered by the BBC and David Attenborough.
For a start we have no right to take the high moral ground considering the destruction we have unleashed on our own green and pleasant land with the recovery of coal, stone, tin, lead, iron ore and many other minerals too many to mention.

The whole of mainland Britain was once covered with forests, hence the coal and North Sea Gas. How come we have the right to tell some farmer in Brazil or any other country it was alright for us to benefit and get rich from the bounty of the land, but you must remain in poverty and leave the forests alone. Unless you want to police the world with a one world government....

Ask yourself this Muddy. If things are as bad as it's made out they are, why aren't the major mining and oil and gas companies made to cease their destruction of the planet? They are barking up the wrong tree making the average person feel responsible. If things were rationed we couldn't change our vehicles every other year, or throw out things that could be repaired.
You can't blame the people for wanting what is available. Stop this availability by producing less, and then things will become more valuable and worth repairing or keeping longer.

The answer is: You can't! because the big multinational companies make the rules, and no country want to see it's residents out of work. Globalism is the monster you need to defeat Muddy, the majority of stuff you buy comes from far off lands and controlled by people far more influential than any government.

Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes it's laws....

Mayer Amschel Rothschild....
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Once again you have taken up the batten offered by the BBC and David Attenborough.
For a start we have no right to take the high moral ground considering the destruction we have unleashed on our own green and pleasant land with the recovery of coal, stone, tin, lead, iron ore and many other minerals too many to mention.

The whole of mainland Britain was once covered with forests, hence the coal and North Sea Gas. How come we have the right to tell some farmer in Brazil or any other country it was alright for us to benefit and get rich from the bounty of the land, but you must remain in poverty and leave the forests alone. Unless you want to police the world with a one world government....

Ask yourself this Muddy. If things are as bad as it's made out they are, why aren't the major mining and oil and gas companies made to cease their destruction of the planet? They are barking up the wrong tree making the average person feel responsible. If things were rationed we couldn't change our vehicles every other year, or throw out things that could be repaired.
You can't blame the people for wanting what is available. Stop this availability by producing less, and then things will become more valuable and worth repairing or keeping longer.

The answer is: You can't! because the big multinational companies make the rules, and no country want to see it's residents out of work. Globalism is the monster you need to defeat Muddy, the majority of stuff you buy comes from far off lands and controlled by people far more influential than any government.

Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes it's laws....

Mayer Amschel Rothschild....
You are both right, but if no one makes a stand the future of mankind & the wildlife on this planet is in dire straits. Not in our lifetime as most of us are old on OFF, not even for our Grandchildren, but for future generations. I personally are quite pleased I'll not be here to see this lovely World of ours destroyed by greed & TPTB.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 10:18 AM

Another great episode last night on Australia
Wonderful filming
I do wish cameramen were not so keen on showing us all the gory details of life in the wild .
I just knew those bats were going to snapped up by crocs !
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 12:00 PM

Another great episode last night on Australia
Wonderful filming
I do wish cameramen were not so keen on showing us all the gory details of life in the wild .
I just knew those bats were going to snapped up by crocs !
But Muddy, life in the wild is inevitably gory. Would you rather the cameras misrepresented it and made life in the wild all cosy and fluffy?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 12:44 PM

My Daughter didn't like watching the young kangaroo caught by the rather striking white & brown Dingo female. Her pups were sweet though & it didn't bother me, it's survival of the fittest. The bats caught by the crocs didn't affect her in the same way. Don't think she likes bats much.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2019, 12:48 PM

Another good series from Attenborough. He's got to be the Master of this kind of thing IMO, and I hope I am still as capable as him if I get to his age.

I agree about the gory bits, but can understand why they are included in the programme. I just look away.

As I have said before, I just wish the blasted orchestra would either shut up, or tone it down a bit!
I find the music distracting more than enhancing.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top