Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 06:50 PM

Re: Comic Relief/Red Nose Day

No, I'll not be watching or donating. We donate to other charities anyway, and it changes every year to even things up
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 09:39 PM

All you need to know, is that Sir Lenworth George Henry CBE , will be farting about as usual, along with a load of other hasbeens or wantabees. A great way to spend three hours!?? I'd rather be hung upside down for that period of time!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 11:40 PM

We never watch it and don't want anything to do with it. A few days ago I said to Mrs LD that for some reason, I hated red nose day but didn't know why. 'Actually' I said, 'I do know why, it's that annoying b****** Lenny Henry.' Mrs LD agreed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
All you need to know, is that Sir Lenworth George Henry CBE , will be farting about as usual, along with a load of other hasbeens or wantabees. A great way to spend three hours!?? I'd rather be hung upside down for that period of time!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 11:50 PM

No and no .
I already donate to children’s charities and I can’t stick Lenny Henry
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 12:44 AM

By and large, telephons (if that's what they're called) are pretty bad TV.

Humour is in the eye of the beholder, but IMHO Lenny Henry, Griff Reece Jones and indeed Phil Jupitas have evolved fully into being smug and seem to have forgotten that the one thing that a comedian needs to be is to be funny.

So, no. Didn't watch it. In any case, everywhere I go I see adverts of how the money I spend on the national lottery is being used for good causes.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 05:29 AM

I am not qualified to comment on anything said here about the British experience of "telethons " or whatever you call them there. However in my experience I also find them tedious and a bit suss. I donate to the Rural Fire Service and The State Emergency Service. Both of these services are all volunteers. Also the wildlife rescue service. Apart from them I like to volunteer at the local shelter.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 07:14 AM

I can't stand Lenny Henry, IMO Tony Hart's Morph has more talent than LH has.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 08:39 AM

Never watched it and never will , all those egos who love their own voices and camera time . Some may donate their fees or part of it but they all charge and are paid to do their 'charity' work
Like many here I make my donations privately and quietly
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 02:30 PM

I see that the annual `take` has potentially been reduced by £16M from last year's effort - wonder why that is?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top