Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 08:22 PM

Re: Vaccine Side Effects

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Exactly as said in the blurb, and please beware of scare sories with dubious sources.

Having any vaccine or taking any medication includes a risk of side effects which can vary from person to person.
Paracetamol for example poses a statistically far, far greater risk of death than any Coronavirus vaccine in use today.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...e-side-effects
I'll ask you again about the side effects in a year or two's time Zaphod.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
You should get in touch with the WHO OGF and give them the benefit of your expertise. Explain to them where they are going wrong.
I wouldn't want to put anybody off from having the vaccine, in fact, if I was still working or regularly hung around with lots of people I would probably have the vaccine myself, but don't believe everything the BBC tells you or the so called 'Experts' Scot they might just have an ulterior motive.... But I don't mind people taking the p$ss, I just hope I don't have to say "I told you so" In a couple of years time....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'll ask you again about the side effects in a year or two's time Zaphod.....
What makes you think that it's going to be any different to any other vaccine, and none of them has turned us into mush or green with purple spots or any other such nonsense ever since Thalidomide made medical research much more strict?

Yes there are side effects as with any medication.
Show me a medicine with no side effects?
(I warn you now that there is no such beast.)
Yet with every single medication, taking it is the best option regardless of the often-miniscule risk of major side effects and that is why they are used.

We all take a risk every time we go out.
You're a runner and you know the very real risks, not just from traffic.
But it doesn't stop you from running.

Vaccines are quite possibly the 20th Century's greatest achievement, being responsible for virtually eliminating many of the once-traditional childhood diseases and far more besides.

So while I respect your opinion and your right to have one I would rather go by the facts and the evidence.
So far the evidence very strongly suggests that being vaccinated against Covid-19 is far, far more likely to save not only my life but also the lives of those I am in contact with, so as far as I'm concerned it would be irresponsible of me not to accept vaccination and that is why I did.
Of course other peoples' circumstances and opinions may differ but that's my stance.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 03:00 PM

I think it's a great pity that confidence has been rocked in the AZ vaccine when it is most likely such a life saver for the masses.

I'm concerned now that when people get ill or die, there will always be the possibility of blaming the vaccine, so ruining people's confidence in it even further. If I fall off my bike, the blame could be put on the vaccine affecting coordination or eyesight. A rare side effect that affects 3 people in 10,000,000.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 03:19 PM

This isn't a hijack, it's a post to put the OxAZ vaccine's problems into perspective.

How many of our female members took the combined contraceptive pill in their younger days and were they informed of the risk of possibly getting a thrombosis? (It's somewhere around 1 in 1,000 or so).

The risk of being struck by lightning in a given year is around 1 in 500,000.

In the USA, occupants of vehicles have a risk of dying of about 1 in 300, pedestrians being hit by a vehicle 1 in 520.

Providing anyone showing or having the symptoms of a thrombosis (prolonged severe headache is one such) then get yourself to a doctor or A&E sharpish like.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-04-2021, 08:40 PM

Fair enough guys, I just don't think the vaccine is right for me....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-04-2021, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
What makes you think that it's going to be any different to any other vaccine, and none of them has turned us into mush or green with purple spots or any other such nonsense ever since Thalidomide made medical research much more strict?

Yes there are side effects as with any medication.
Show me a medicine with no side effects?
(I warn you now that there is no such beast.)
Yet with every single medication, taking it is the best option regardless of the often-miniscule risk of major side effects and that is why they are used.

We all take a risk every time we go out.
You're a runner and you know the very real risks, not just from traffic.
But it doesn't stop you from running.

Vaccines are quite possibly the 20th Century's greatest achievement, being responsible for virtually eliminating many of the once-traditional childhood diseases and far more besides.

So while I respect your opinion and your right to have one I would rather go by the facts and the evidence.
So far the evidence very strongly suggests that being vaccinated against Covid-19 is far, far more likely to save not only my life but also the lives of those I am in contact with, so as far as I'm concerned it would be irresponsible of me not to accept vaccination and that is why I did.
Of course other peoples' circumstances and opinions may differ but that's my stance.
You make some fair points Zaphod, but I'm still not going to have the vaccine.....However, I fail to see how, by you having the vaccine it will save the lives of those you are in contact with....?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 09:31 PM

Nabbed this OGF, it gave me a good laugh.

Bet you some of that fine Yorkshire tea of yours that you get it when it's required for cruising .
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 09:59 PM

No side effect here for me but my OH has she has a constant desire to make love on the washing machine in spin mode, i can't go on much longer like this
can anyone offer some advice please.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

08-04-2021, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Nabbed this OGF, it gave me a good laugh.

Bet you some of that fine Yorkshire tea of yours that you get it when it's required for cruising .
Cruisings cancelled Surfermom... and after the second cancellation we decided to get a refund. It's not looking good for future cruising either. We had several emails from P&O explaining that on future cruises passengers will be expected to wear masks in public areas, observe personal spacing, and will not be allowed to serve yourself in the buffets. Only around 50% of capacity will be allowed to board, and onboard entertainment will be drastically reduced to prevent crowds gathering indoors.

Countries visited will also apply their own restrictions and passengers may be prevented from disembarking in some ports. For this reason we have decided not to book a cruise for the foreseeable future. Cruising is expensive, and it just wouldn't be the same Surfermom.

I must remind you that these vaccines have not run the usual testing period and are classed as emergency untested medications and will not be deemed safe until they have completed the compulsory term until 2023, the manufacturers accept no responsibility for any ill effects resulting from the vaccines.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top