Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:42 PM

Do You Belong To The Backpack Brigade?

For a few years now, l have noticed a lot of people in and around our age group sport backpacks.

I just wondered what do they keep in them?
Aren’t they frightened of being robbed if they are unwittingly unzipped from behind?
They must get heavy and be a strain on their back?

Do you have a backpack?
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:45 PM

Re: Do You Belong To The Backpack Brigade?

I have an icepack in the freezer ready for back strain or any other place in need of a cold compress, but no, no backpack in our house.
Chillie6
Bristol UK
Chillie6 is male  Chillie6 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:47 PM

No back pack for me. I have cargo shorts which carry my worldly possessions.
But both my daughters have them. They don’t seem to be worried about being robbed.
I don’t worry about being robbed either, no bodies going to steal my shorts
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:49 PM

No, The only time I carry that sort of thing is when I'm going to the pool. It has a shoulder strap but it's a Sports Bag. It contains my towels, swimmie, talc shampoo ect. Phone and purse are left in cars glove box. I used to have a duffle bag for my swimming things a long time ago, the Back Pack kind of replaced them I believe. I do see people using them at the pool though.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:55 PM

I have a backpack for when I go hiking. It contains the usual stuff found in handbag - purse, phone etc plus waterproof clothing & bottle of water.

I also use a backpack when I take the grandchildren out. It pays to have both hands free.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Do you have a backpack?
Several ..... but they are only used for specific country pursuits .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 06:03 PM

Backpacks and those fold up plastic boxes on wheels and with a handle to pull them, were conspicuous by their numbers at Tatton Park RHS Show yesterday
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 06:09 PM

I use a backpack when I go shopping. I walk with a stick using my right hand and I find that I cannot comfortably carry my shopping with my left hand. It makes me feel unbalanced. I place the things in my backpack and carry them on my shoulders. That even out the weight.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 06:09 PM

I use a backpack because holding a bag makes my hands sore (I have rheumatoid arthritis).
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Several ..... but they are only used for specific country pursuits .....
Me too - and for going to the gym - wouldn't be seen with one elsewhere

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top