Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 05:49 AM

Re: Why don't some people............

Originally Posted by carol ->
Maybe she hasn't got as many friends as you have.
Good point, Carol
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 09:09 AM

I'm late to this thread. Hope you're feeling better this morning LQ. I think we sometimes try so hard to hide our health problems, perhaps for our own benefit more than anything - you know, 'If I act as if I'm OK and don't make a fuss, I'll be able to push it out of my mind and I'll feel better". Trouble is, everyone else sees you as OK then, so they simply don't think of you as 'someone with a health issue', and find it hard to understand when you cry off an arrangement!

Yes, time to sit down and have an honest talk with your friend, I think, get it through to her that you really, really feel ill periodically and have to rest.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How are you today, Queenie?
I was just wondering that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 09:28 AM

LQ it is really difficult trying to explain to anyone who doesn't have bad attacks of P-AF how awful it is when you feel really ill because your heart is not functioning well enough to pump blood around your body and your organs so you are breathless/your legs don't work/you head is fuzzy/ you have to pee every 10 mins because you are producing an enzyme to protect your kidneys and a herd of Wildebeest is stampeding in your chest trying to escape .

If your heart rate is still high this morning you should consider A&E for cardioversion to re set your heart rate.

I sit it out at home when it happens to me every 10 days preferring to do that than risk catching Covid in A&E.
I have made a pact with my EP that if an episode lasts more than 24 hours I will go to A&E. I now have a letter to take for chemical cardioversion first.

I could not be without my Kardia (there is a new one now with 6 leads) it tells me when I need to get help.

I hope you are feeling better this morning
Remember slow breathing and counting your breaths to counter anxiety...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
LQ it is really difficult trying to explain to anyone who doesn't have bad attacks of P-AF how awful it is when you feel really ill because your heart is not functioning well enough to pump blood around your body and your organs so you are breathless/your legs don't work/you head is fuzzy/ you have to pee every 10 mins because you are producing an enzyme to protect your kidneys and a herd of Wildebeest is stampeding in your chest trying to escape .

If your heart rate is still high this morning you should consider A&E for cardioversion to re set your heart rate.

I sit it out at home when it happens to me every 10 days preferring to do that than risk catching Covid in A&E.
I have made a pact with my EP that if an episode lasts more than 24 hours I will go to A&E. I now have a letter to take for chemical cardioversion first.

I could not be without my Kardia (there is a new one now with 6 leads) it tells me when I need to get help.

I hope you are feeling better this morning
Remember slow breathing and counting your breaths to counter anxiety...
Good Grief! Meg, LQ and all others that suffer with this. I had no idea how bad it is and what an inconvenience and change to your lifestyle this has on all of you.

I panicked the other day when my Blood Pressure was 151/101
but this is nothing in comparison to what you all have to endure.

LQ, l hope you are feeling better today.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 02:35 PM

Thank you everyone for your concern. The episode has passed when I woke this morning. I went to bed exhausted as it knocked hell out of my body but im sooooo much better today thank goodness. That was a nasty episode for sure.

Meg sure knows just how my body feels when and gives great advice. Im definitely going to buy a Kardia I think I need one.

Again thank you for your concern, im sorry for worrying you.

Im going to have a word with my friend when I see her next face to face. She needs to understand to sime degree what happens. She is very healthy and never gets sick so I guess that's why she doesn't understand that chit happens every now and then when you have a dodgy ticker.

You really are a good bunch of caring people xxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Thank you everyone for your concern. The episode has passed when I woke this morning. I went to bed exhausted as it knocked hell out of my body but im sooooo much better today thank goodness. That was a nasty episode for sure.

Meg sure knows just how my body feels when and gives great advice. Im definitely going to buy a Kardia I think I need one.

Again thank you for your concern, im sorry for worrying you.

Im going to have a word with my friend when I see her next face to face. She needs to understand to sime degree what happens. She is very healthy and never gets sick so I guess that's why she doesn't understand that chit happens every now and then when you have a dodgy ticker.

You really are a good bunch of caring people xxxx
Hi LQ so glad you are feeling better, I don't know how you manage to keep working . Luckily I had retired before for the demon struck.
Take it easy today be kind to your heart...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

28-07-2021, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Good Grief! Meg, LQ and all others that suffer with this. I had no idea how bad it is and what an inconvenience and change to your lifestyle this has on all of you.

I panicked the other day when my Blood Pressure was 151/101
but this is nothing in comparison to what you all have to endure.

LQ, l hope you are feeling better today.
Thanks Art many people with P-AF don't have any symptoms it is silent just the unlucky ones get bad episodes .
That BP reading of yours was not great . I would keep an eye on it for a few days if you can and don't forget to check your pulse occasionally for 'silent' irregularities it could save your life.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 02:56 PM

Glad you are feeling better today Queenie.

Meg offers good advice about AF, my husband also suffers with it but his is nowhere as bad as Meg's attacks.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 02:57 PM

Late to this and I was very unhappy to read about your friend's attitude, LQ. Perhaps she does need telling what it's like to have such a problem. However, the Afib attack has passed for now and I'm happy that you are feeling very much better today.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top