Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 07:26 PM

Re: Mediterranean Diet

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Absolutely!..Med diet is the best. Use only fresh food for everything. NOTHING processed. I cook a lot of what I call call "mediterasian" food. The best bits of Med and Asian. Lots of Australian chefs go that way these days.

Tonight I roasted chicken thighs, lots of black pepper, no salt. Served with broccoli, boiled furiously for 3 minutes. No potatoes or starch ...

Three shakes of soya sauce added on the plate. Remembering the keezoyism :- mediterasian.

zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

Tonight I roasted chicken thighs, lots of black pepper, no salt. Served with broccoli, boiled furiously for 3 minutes. No potatoes or starch ...

Three shakes of soya sauce added on the plate. Remembering the keezoyism :- mediterasian.

That looks good! I'll try it in the very near future
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 07:58 PM

Hi

Fresh food is important to me, I grow most of my veg and herbs and cook everyday.

I have never had a Greggs or a Ginsters.

My eggs are all Free Range from local smallholders.

I make my own pasta and pizzas.

I do not bake cakes, absolutely rubbish at that
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 05:11 PM

Sod the med!
There's an abundance of juicy blackberries on tips of the canes at the moment.
Our usual routine is to go for an early morning forage, rinse, drain and freeze for later.
Slight change of plan today however, by late after noon the berries were warm, succulent and absolutely gorgeous!

A nice little bonus was to stumble upon a cluster of Bullace trees laden with young fruit, something to look forward to later in the year.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
Sod the med!
There's an abundance of juicy blackberries on tips of the canes at the moment.
Our usual routine is to go for an early morning forage, rinse, drain and freeze for later.
Slight change of plan today however, by late after noon the berries were warm, succulent and absolutely gorgeous!

A nice little bonus was to stumble upon a cluster of Bullace trees laden with young fruit, something to look forward to later in the year.
Loads to be had foraging.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/foraging
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Loads to be had foraging.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/foraging
Indeed Cinderella...simple pleasures.
Fungi season soon, really must try and find a well organized foray during the Autumn. Extreme caution always advised when picking your own...Shaggy Ink Cap with some cheap cuts of meat in the slow cooker , strong ale and what ever else takes your fancy.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top