Join for free
Page 3 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 05:17 PM

Re: Seen A Scam? Warn us if you have!

Originally Posted by JBR ->

"Press 1" seems to be one of their favourites!
Yes and ask THEM for your NI number.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Yes and ask THEM for your NI number.
Yes. They should know that!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 07:58 PM

I had a text on Mr A"s mobile to say a certain *mohammed *had tried to withdraw £.3,000 today and to contact blah,blah .
I phoned the bank & they told me to ignore it .
One thing though if peeps are going to pubs and having to give contacts ,can not the scammers maybe get hold of these numbers ??
Just saying
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I had a text on Mr A"s mobile to say a certain *mohammed *had tried to withdraw £.3,000 today and to contact blah,blah .
I phoned the bank & they told me to ignore it .
One thing though if peeps are going to pubs and having to give contacts ,can not the scammers maybe get hold of these numbers ??
Just saying

I agree Apricot.
A while back we had a thread about these Covid contact tracers, and I remember I read about them being given thousands of people's personal contact details, yet they weren't having to have any security checks themselves before getting the job!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 01:53 PM

Just another warning about all the TV licencing scams going about at the moment.
I had this message from AgeUK, and so will show you the part about TV scammers:

How to spot this scam?

There are a few common signs that you shouldn't trust an email:

The sender has an unusual email address

1. The TV Licensing organisation will use donotreply@tvlicensing.co.uk (or donotreply@spp.tvlicensing.co.uk) to email you. The scammers cannot send emails using these addresses. Instead, they may come from a personal email account or one which looks unusual.

2. The email doesn't use your name or has an incorrect account number
TV Licensing will usually include your name in their emails unless you told them you don't need a licence and didn't provide a name. The scammers may insert an incorrect customer ID in the hope that you will not check that it's wrong.

3. It contains spelling and grammatical errors and inconsistent styles
Although all writers can make mistakes, it's common to find grammatical and spelling errors on phishing emails. They may also seem too casual or unusually formal or use colours and styles that are inconsistent with the organisation's style.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 09:30 PM

Good tip off, Mups.

Especially about the Grammar - they all seem to screw that up!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:49 AM

Amazon phone call, today, saying that they would be taking annual funds for Prime, this week.

Bouncy Female voice, not noticeably foreign.

Caller number was 01722-839651

A web search, on that number, finds nowt!

Have reported it via all the numbers suggested on Amazon.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Amazon phone call, today, saying that they would be taking annual funds for Prime, this week.

Bouncy Female voice, not noticeably foreign.

Caller number was 01722-839651

A web search, on that number, finds nowt!

Have reported it via all the numbers suggested on Amazon.

Did they have your bank account number?

If so, speak to your bank immediately.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 12:00 PM

I had a new scam from Amazon yesterday not about my none existent Prime account this time but about a problem with a parcel. I didn't wait to hear the whole of the saga I put the phone down.

If Amazon have a problem with any parcel they will email me and I will contact them through my own site link not theirs .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-08-2020, 12:07 PM

Yesterday, I had yet another scam about there being a problem in collecting my TV Licence payment.
I cancelled it six weeks ago!

This is a very common scam these days, and I'd be surprised if any others on here haven't received one!

Page 3 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top