Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 09:43 PM

Oi, Who Nicked My Bread Roll?

I had a busy afternoon, l stained my front gate and l weeded my block paving.
It was a lovely sunny afternoon, so l decided l’d like a barbecue on my makeshift barbecue invention. Some on here might remember it but l definitely remember Judd, enquiring if the food in the pic l posted on here was...Roadkill?!!!

Today, l was going to barbecue chicken wings, sausages and a beef burger. The beef burger was frozen, as was the bread roll l got out of the freezer to have it in.

The beef burger and the bread roll were taking ages to defrost in my cool kitchen so l decided to put them outside on top of my tall green bin in the sun to defrost. The roll was in the cellophane bag it came in and l put the burger in a bag.

The coals were burning so, I went inside to cut up the chicken wings, put salt and pepper on them and to prepare other stuff l was going to have with them.
I went outside to check the coals and get my bread roll to butter it.... l noticed the cellophane wrapping was on the lawn but there was no sign of the roll. It was gone and just the burger was still there.
I was gutted as it was the last bread roll I had! Instead l had to butter some bread.

So l ask....who nicked my bread roll, there wasn’t even any crumbs left as evidence!!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	1F3578B1-3C06-419B-AD7D-9D9464021B6D.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	15366  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 09:53 PM

Re: Oi, Who Nicked My Bread Roll?

Blame that rascal Longdogs!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Blame that rascal Longdogs!

ST, l wouldn’t be surprised!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 09:57 PM

How did you stain your front Gate?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-04-2021, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
How did you stain your front Gate?
With stain, Silly!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 10:16 PM

I wondered where Mr Mags had been to get breadcrumbs all round his mouth...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 10:36 PM

Maybe Mr Warburton.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I had a busy afternoon, l stained my front gate and l weeded my block paving.
It was a lovely sunny afternoon, so l decided l’d like a barbecue on my makeshift barbecue invention. Some on here might remember it but l definitely remember Judd, enquiring if the food in the pic l posted on here was...Roadkill?!!!

Today, l was going to barbecue chicken wings, sausages and a beef burger. The beef burger was frozen, as was the bread roll l got out of the freezer to have it in.

The beef burger and the bread roll were taking ages to defrost in my cool kitchen so l decided to put them outside on top of my tall green bin in the sun to defrost. The roll was in the cellophane bag it came in and l put the burger in a bag.

The coals were burning so, I went inside to cut up the chicken wings, put salt and pepper on them and to prepare other stuff l was going to have with them.
I went outside to check the coals and get my bread roll to butter it.... l noticed the cellophane wrapping was on the lawn but there was no sign of the roll. It was gone and just the burger was still there.
I was gutted as it was the last bread roll I had! Instead l had to butter some bread.

So l ask....who nicked my bread roll, there wasn’t even any crumbs left as evidence!!

I claim the fifth
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 11:23 PM

If the wrapper that wrapped the roll was on the lawn, but the burger was untouched, you have a vegetarian thief, because it would have stolen the burger as well, unless you disturbed it as you went back out. If so it must be something that can fly.
Birds are very good at undoing things, the Rooks here are forever undoing the strings I tie the mesh around the bird table on with.
Back to your thief, the bird, if that is what it was, had time to unwrap the roll before it made off with it, but not enough time to get back for the burger.
I think a bird is your culprit, it had the motive & the time. Unless you have foxes, but a fox would have taken the burger first I think.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 11:27 PM

Roger the Badger did it
Nice braai/barbecue

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top