Join for free
Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 04:27 PM

Re: Now tell me why our police should not be armed.

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Two points of view from ex police officers.

MAR 2017

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...against-959386
404 ERROR.

But it doesn't matter. What matters is what people now want and need to protect them. If some Plod don't want to do what should now come with the job - protecting us - then fine. Just don't let the door hit you where nature split you on the way out.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Would a subsonic bullet pass through a body do you know? I've been trying to find out but can't seem to find anything by Google.
It depends on the weight and material used in building the bullet, the shape of the bullet, where it hit you and how far you were from the weapon.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 04:32 PM

Tend to agree about the need for extremely long mandatory imprisonment for anyone carrying an illegal weapon. No need for the courts to be excessively involved at all. CCTV cameras will suffice, just like they suffice for speeding offences.

The usual "argument" about some people feeling the need to carry a knife in the interest of self protection doesn't really hold water IMHO. Even if there are some bleeding hearts who want to rattle on about how "people" need to educated away from gang culture, tough titties.

Even, and it's a very small if, there were any mitigating circumstances for carrying a knife, there is absolutely no way that any such defence can possible exist for walking around with a machete.

I'm all for mandatory DNA databases and indeed facial recognition software. We all have some human rights removed from us anyway in terms of "freedom"..this is the nature of having laws which we must abide by. They're there for the common good, and databases would be there for the same purpose.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

05-06-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Except if it was one of yours?
I would HATE it. Anybody would. However I would have to accept it. Part of the cost of restoring civilisation to this country.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 04:35 PM

As for arming the police. Ideally shouldn't be necessary, but we don't live in ideal times.

Am erring towards TAT's view on this, with reviews of the situation being made every year or so in the hope that the message gets through and simultaneously some of the offenders simply aren't around anymore.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 04:37 PM

Two points of view from ex police officers.

MAR 2017

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...against-959386

Cinderella – the link supplied didn't work, could this though be the correct one?

Similar date – Updated 23 MAR 2017:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...gainst-9593864
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Cinderella – the link supplied didn't work, could this though be the correct one?

Similar date – Updated 23 MAR 2017:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...gainst-9593864
Thanks my error.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's mostly our own fault why it has come to this Dex...
The police can't do it on their own and we should be supporting them more as in the past.

Our fault because there is no sense of community anymore, we should not tolerate criminal behaviour and vandalism taking over our communities. We lock ourselves up in own little castles with all the latest security and let the police sort it out. We have become a national society instead of a county or even town and village society. We sit back and allow laws made in Westminster to affect us all, instead of decisions made on a local level.

The result is that the police have distanced themselves from the community by strutting around in their stab vests and look more like a paramilitary force than the local bobby, and they appear unapproachable. How many of us know the local policeman or woman? Do you know their families or where they live?
They were part of the community when I was a lad and we knew each of them personally. Their families lived in the village, and people would respect them, and look out for them the same as any other neighbour.

We should take more responsibility for our communities and work with, and help the police, and the police should return to policing at a local level with officers taken from the community like they do in small townships in America.
Ditto.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

05-06-2021, 06:05 PM

Ditto.
MUCH too late for that and the UK is just too small. We need to concentrate on destroying the colonies that are have become established and concentrate on restoring the mono-culture that the UK once was before the awful unwanted unmandated disastrous Multiculturalism experiment that Blair is responsible for.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2021, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
MUCH too late for that and the UK is just too small. We need to concentrate on destroying the colonies that are have become established and concentrate on restoring the mono-culture that the UK once was before the awful unwanted unmandated disastrous Multiculturalism experiment that Blair is responsible for.
I do agree that multiculturalism doesn't work, but "destroying" them is a bit harsh....what do you mean by that, Todger?

Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top