Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 03:49 PM

Re: PC/Phone App - AnyList

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
V and I must be Luddites. Both of prefer to use pen and paper for making shopping lists and a wall calender for jotting down appointments, etc.
Not Luddites at all. I have been known to do that too....however, I do take a photo of it in case I lose the paper
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

23-06-2021, 05:33 PM

I use Listonic occasionally. Doesn't cost anything, and is simple to use. I usually don't make a list, but then often come home without an essential item otherwise.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 06:25 PM

I started off well yesterday - entering and categorising items for Kitchen/Maintenance/Cleaning but, when I came to add them to a Shopping List, all categorisation had been overridden by the system defaults for the closest match to the item name.

I spent some time trying to identify my error but, in the end, I admitted defeat and contacted AnyList in California. Obviously, California is 8 hours behind the UK but the company representative replied to my email at 0800 their time offering helpful advice and suggestions. Within minutes, I realised that my approach to AnyList had been conditioned by my experience with OutofMilk but, although the function of the the software is the same, the design is markedly different, so I've had to reshape my implementation plan and cut out my preferred customisation until I am more familiar with the app.

I've got a month before OutofMilk pulls the plug .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 06:42 PM

Ahhh, well that sounds quite complicated for a little app to list things on. And you paid for the AnyList one didn't you - any regrets?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ahhh, well that sounds quite complicated for a little app to list things on. And you paid for the AnyList one didn't you - any regrets?
The app is supposed to be "complicated" .....

It's me that's simple .....

The idea behind categorisation is that the required items are arranged in the order of the aisles and shelves of the shop being visited .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

24-06-2021, 07:05 PM

Our shops up here change on a regular basis to keep things new and interesting for the customer (allegedly.....I just think its to keep the staff busy!) so it wouldn't work up here really
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

24-06-2021, 07:16 PM

Our shops up here change on a regular basis to keep things new and interesting for the customer (allegedly.....I just think its to keep the staff busy!) so it wouldn't work up here really
Apparently, if I tell Alexa I want to cook a particular meal, she will advise AnyList of the ingredients required and AnyList will add any that haven't been bought recently to the current shopping lists for the relevant stores and provide the recipe for cooking .....

I don't think I'm going down that road .....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

24-06-2021, 07:17 PM

Oh but you should!! Embrace it all
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

24-06-2021, 07:26 PM

Oh but you should!! Embrace it all

Not likely .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 07:40 PM

I use the Sainsburys smart shop app which has a shopping list feature.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top